Chapter 11・The Truth Lies Beneath

Natsu stood in front of Kenko dumbfounded. "H-how could this be? Why didn't our parents say anything about you?" he asked. "I wasn't that much done with the story yet though. After Seilah casted the memory spell on you, her and Jackal brought me into a huge mansion, almost looks like a castle, but more haunted. And that's where I met Zeref," Kenko explained.

"Wait, you know Zeref?!" Natsu asked furiously. "Yes, he told me not to tell you any of this, so please keep it a secret," Kenko pleaded. "Ok, but still. Why didn't our parents say anything to Sting and I?" Natsu asked. "Well eventually, Zeref sent the two to our house and changed all of their memories that ever included me in it. And now you, mom, dad, and Sting don't know about me. Except for you right now." Kenko said.

"By the way, how is mom and dad, are they doing well?" Kenko asked.

"...."

"Natsu, why aren't you saying anything?" Kenko asked worriedly.

"They... separated..." Natsu answered with disappointment.

"What?! Why?! How?" Kenko asked. "It was during Junior High. I came home after school to see a man and Sting at the front door talking to mom and dad and started to argue. Later on they headed inside, not wanting the neighbors to hear and I followed."

"I peeked through the window seeing Sting sitting on the couch without any facial expressions, he was just there. Like a doll. As I heard them talk, I heard that mom accidentally had a one-night stand with the man named Weiss(logia) Eucliffe after my first birthday. She was gone for a whole year saying that it was because of work."

"But she was actually with another man, holding responsible for the child. They regretted their decision, but it already happened. Mom left Sting with Weiss and came home to us without saying a word. The reason Weiss came is that he got cancer and can't take care of Sting anymore, so he wanted mom to take care of him."

"Dad got angry and left the room to go outside and got caught peeking. He brought me inside and faced me in front of Weiss, Sting, and mom."

"Sting's eyes met mines and looked away from each other. It was funny because it looked like I was looking at a mirror seeing a huge resemblance. But after that whole argument thing, Weiss left Sting, dad got divorce papers, mom signed it, and they all left Sting and I alone."

"Not knowing why they did that, Sting and I started to hate the three of them for leaving us without a good reason. Mom became a drug addict, while dad became an alcoholic. We haven't heard from any of them ever since the divorce and Sting and I have lived for the past years like real brothers."

"So now, we're the only ones we've got..." Natsu explained.

Kenko started to cry. "If I was there, I would've taken really good care of you guys.... I'm sorry that I wan't there for you."

Natsu gave Kenko a hug, patting her in the head. "It's okay, we have each other now, and that's all in the past. Let's look ahead in our futures now okay?'

Kenko nodded and gave him a smile.

"I forgot to say. I need you to become stronger," Kenko said changing the topic and wiping her tears. "Why do I need to become stronger?" Natsu asked. "Time's getting closer. Someone's going to kill you Natsu," Kenko said with worried eyes.

"And who's that?" he asked. "I can't say it to you, but I'll have to get going. See you next time," Kenko said walking away.

"Hold on a minute. Why don't you just come home?" Natsu asked. "If I come home now, Zeref will search for me and kill me, or even worse, he'll kill you," Kenko replied, horror written all over her face. "No he's not, and remember, I will become stronger and get ready to fight," Natsu smiled.

Kenko laughed. "You better. Now let's go home and surprise Sting."

"You bet we will," Natsu responded with a grin.

・~・~・~・~・

Zeref's Mansion

"Where the hell is Kenko? She should be here by now!" Zeref yelled frustratedly while drinking a glass of wine in his black couch. "I'm sorry Zeref-dono, we looked for her everywhere but she is nowhere to be seen," Seilah bowed down in apology.

"If I ever find that low-life, I will murder her!" he yelled once more. He got up and started to walk back and forth. "If no one can find her, then I will," he said breaking his wine glass in his hands and getting ready to leave.

"Zeref-dono wait!" Jackal said and stopped him. "What is it now? Can't you see I'm in a hurry to kill a bitch?" Zeref said calmly, but his eyes glowing red.

"I found her," he said. "Where is she?" Zeref said glaring at him. "I saw her walking with Natsu," Jackal replied.

"Natsu? Why was she with him? I told her not to talk to him or tell him anything!" He yelled furiously. "It looks like she turned against us Zeref-dono," Jackal responded.

"She'll end up regretting this. But for now... can someone please clean this mess up?" he ordered and a a girl with long braided hair and red eyes came running in. It was Flare. "It looks like she's completely under my spell. Keep giving her the pills, and once she's finished the whole thing, nothing will get her to break free," Zeref said and laughs evilly.

・~・~・~・~・

"What!? How come you guys became demons but not me!? That's not fair!?" Sting whined. "Dude shut it, stope nagging that you didn't become a one," Natsu said irritatedly. "Haha I'm sorry," Sting said scratching the back of his neck.

"Bite me," Sting commanded. "What!? Why the hell would I do that!?" Natsu said in surprise. "Oh I forgot to tell you that if you don't drink blood from the first 10 days that you've become a demon, you'll end up craving for more until you die," Kenko explained.

"Now you really have to do it," Sting said happily. "Over my dead body. I'm not sticking my teeth into you," Natsu said disgustingly.

"Ok, I see how it is then, then don't drink my blood and end up killing everybody, including demons, in the world then," Sting said walking upstairs to his room. "Wait, fine I'll do it," Natsu said looking away "even though it'll be loathsome," he murmured.

"Yes!" Sting said enthusiastically and jumped down to hug Natsu. " Get off me! How are we even related? We don't even act the same?" Natsu asked ."You did say that you saw a resemblance," Kenko said. "Plus you can't drink a relatives blood, it won't satisfy your needs. It has to be someone that you're not related to," Kenko explained.

"Thank God because I was about to throw up just thinking about penetrating my teeth in his skin," Natsu said relieved. "You're messed up," Sting responded. "I swear, how are we eve related?" Natsu asked again.

"You guys coming?" Kenko asked opening the door. "Where?" Natsu asked. "To go hunting," she replied "Sure, as long as it's not him, I'm good," Natsu replied pointing at Sting.

"I'm joining you guys," Sting said happily. "Why?" Natsu asked. "Because I can see you suck someone else's blood," Sting said smiling. "You're the weird sibling, even though Kenko and I are demons," Natsu said. "I don't care," Sting replied. "Whatever let's go," Kenko said going outside with her brothers behind.