8. Message Received

Start from the beginning

Steven: You're still trying to contact Homeworld?

Peridot: Yes! Of course! I figured it out! You simple clods keep trying to protect the Earth, but you can't do anything right. I let myself get carried away too, singing, laughing, and even building out little machine. But don't you see? None of it matters, all that matters is that I'm of use to Yellow Diamond. This planet can be of use to Yellow Diamond. I must contact her, to reveal what I have discovered about it, and both Y/n and Lightning too.

Steven: But The Diamonds are bad, and they don't care about Earth. They all wanted to hollow it out and now they want to destroy it with the cluster.

Peridot: Yes! Yes! That's the point!

Steven: I don't know why I keep sticking my neck out for you. You're never going to be on our side. Garnet! Amethyst! Pearl! Y/n! Lightning!

Peridot: Steven! NO!

I didn't want to hear anything that Peridot had to say. So I ran out of the barn and closed the door behind me. And after everything that we've went through, I just couldn't believe it. Peridot was just going to go and sell us out to The Diamonds.

Y/n's P.O.V.

After what happened on the moon base, I had a lot on my mind. I kept thinking on how I've been there before, but I didn't know why. Could it be that I was once trapped there years ago? Or was it something else completely different?

The others were going to work on getting the coordinates set into the drill. But Lightning and I were over by the silo to talk in private. I had no idea as to how Pink Diamond and Rose Quartz were even related.

I told Lightning about what Pearl told me about the gem wars that happened thousandsofyearsago. And that in the end, Rose Quartz ended up having to shatter Pink Diamond. He was in shock about what I told him, and I was the same way when Pearl told me. And I told him about the vision that I had in the control room.

Lightning: That makes no sense, why would you have a vision of both Rose Quartz and Pink Diamond?

Y/n: I have no clue, do you think Rose might have gone there before?

Lightning: Maybe, but it's hard to tell. After all, if she did it was probably for a good reason, right?

Y/n: I don't know, I've got this strange feeling that it's something else.

Steven: Garnet! Amethyst! Pearl! Y/n! Lightning!

Once we heard Steven calling us, we had rushed over. We saw him running from the barn for some reason, and he really didn't seem happy. And we found out why, because he showed us that device that was at the moon base. And I didn't know why he had it, but it was a big deal to Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl.

Pearl: Why did you take it?!

Steven: I didn't, Peridot did.

Lightning: What?

Y/n: Double what?

Steven: She was going to use it to call Yellow Diamond.

Pearl: *takes device* She took a direct line to The Diamonds! Right from the moon base?! What was she thinking?!

Amethyst: Man, after everything we've been through, she's still out to get us. And I'm taking back all of my cool nicknames for her. So long Peri and P-dot, hello..... Agh! I'm to mad! I'll just think of something later.

Lightning and I were both shocked about the news. I think I could speak for all of us, except maybe Garnet, that this was unexpected. Peridot planning on just going to backstab us like that was so uncool. Then we heard the sound of a horn from the barn, much to Steven's annoyance.