Chapter 4・What are you to me?

Start from the beginning

"Natsu! Help me!" she cried out.

"Hold on, Lucy! I'll save you!" I yelled running as fast as I can towards her. But every step I took, the further she became.

"Lucy!" I yelled holding my hand out.

My eyes widened in pain.

Zeref leaned down on Lucy. And the next thing I knew, I saw blood dripping down his mouth as he sat up. He smirked and looked at me, licking his lips. He stood up, leaving her on the ground, and disappeared.

"Lucy!" I yelled coming closer and closer to her.

When I finally reached her, I kneeled down and held her head on my arms. Blood was dripping down her neck and onto my arms. "Zeref... you'll pay for what you've done," I whispered in tears.

"Oh me? Pay? Hahaha!" I heard Zeref laugh as he appeared in front of me. "Why'd you have to do this to her!?" I yelled at him.

"Haven't I told you already, she is my queen, and I can't have a mortal queen. If I had one, my subjects will come and try to have a taste of her, and I want to be the only one that bites and tastes her," he said with a smirk.

"I'll kill you!" I yelled at him and was about to fight, but I felt Lucy move.

"Lucy? Are you ok?" I asked looking down on her. When she opened her eyes, the beautiful, chesnut color slowly disappeared and turned into ruby.

Her skin turned really pale, and her hair started to change its color.

"Lucy... I'm sorry that I couldn't save you," I said and hugged her tightly, but to my surprise, she roughly pushed me away and stood up.

She looked at me, hatred filling her eyes. "I hate you..."

When she said those three little words, I felt a knife stab my heart.

"I hate you Natsu Dragneel! This is all your fault! This wouldn't have happened if you weren't too late!" she yelled at me.

Every word that she spoke, I knew she was in pain, but I felt even worse. Every word, sentence that she told me felt like a millions knives piercing to every inch of my body.

Why am I feeling so hurt? Why does she hurt me so much? She doesn't even mean anything to me. I've just met her, in my dreams... but why do I feel so remorseful for being too late?

"Lucy... I'm sorry," I apologized to her, but she slapped me. I looked at her and saw her running towards Zeref and hugging him.

Just the sight of looking at her, running to another man's arms... killed me.

・~・~・~・~・

"No!" I yelled getting up from the floor. "Lucy... why do you do this to me? What are you to me?" I whispered.

"What was that loud thud I heard?" Sting asked barging into my room. "Haven't you heard of knocking?" I asked annoyed. "Sorry, I was just curious," Sting replied sarcastically and exited my room.

I went to the bathroom, took a shower, and brushed my teeth. Once I got out, I put on the SPR and changed into my school uniform.

For some reason, I felt that my hair is too long now.

I walked back into the bathroom and took scissors out the cabinet and stared cutting my hair.

Once I finished, I looked at myself in the mirror. "That's better."

I ran down the stairs grabbing my backpack and looked at Sting, who was staring at me.

"So, you decided to look different that you're a you know what?" he asked "No, I just got bored with my old hairstyle," I replied. "So you decided to plagiarize mines?" he said. "It's not called plagiarize, it's called revamping," I smirked.

"Nice save," he said. "Now let's go," I told him.

・~・~・~・~・

Once we got to school, all the girls where squealing about my new hairstyle, then saw Lisanna running towards me screaming, a smile on her face. Why are you even coming to me?

"Oh Natsu! Did you change just for me? Aww that's so sweet, and yes I'll take you back," she said hugging me.

I pulled her back.

"What's wrong babe?" she asked innocently. "I'm not your babe, I'm not changing my look for you, and I never said anything about wanting you back," I said "Oh really, then who's it for?" she asked putting her hands on her hips. "It's for no one, it's because..." I paused.

Why do I even have to tell her. She's nothing to me anymore.

"Never mind, I don't need your crap," I said and pushed her away and continued to walk forward.

"What!" she yelled stomping away. "Woah Natsu! You told her off," Sting said amazed. "Uh yeah," I replied.

The first bell rang and we all went walked to class.

・~・~・~・~・

"Good morning class, I would like all of you to meet our new student," Mr. Happy said. "Great, a newbie," I thought looking outside the window..

I looked at the front of the class and I couldn't believe my eyes. It's Lucy.

"Ohayo minna. I wish we can all be good friends," she said sheepishly. All the boys started cheering and whistling.

"Looks like you've got some competition here," Sting whispered to me, but I rolled my eyes.