" Oh, I see. Thanks for explaining. "

   " Anytime Matsuda. "

   " That's enough small talk for now. Come this way. " L said from the doorway.

   " Oh, right. "

   " Please turn off all your cellphones, handhelds, and any other communication devices and leave them on the table right there. " 

   " What? Do you think we're going to be using our cell phones during this meeting to leak information? " Aizawa asked, stepping in front of the group. 

   " It's alright. Just do as he says. " Mr. Yagami said.

You shrugged and pulled your phone out of your pocket. You turned it off and set it on the checkered table L pointed to earlier. You set your bag there too that held your laptop and notes.

   " I realize he's been cautious from the very beginning, but I still can't tell if he trusts us or not. "

   " No, I just find them distracting. I can't stand it when people's cellphones are ringing while I'm trying to talk. "

You followed the men into the room, and when you entered, you spotted L sitting on a one-seater couch. He sat in a way it caught your attention, and you didn't know any answers to why he could sit as he did. His feet were on the couch, and it was like he was sitting in a position where he was tucking his knees close to his body, but his back wasn't even touching the couch. He was balancing on his foot with his hands placed on his knees. HIs back was slouched as he leaned forward, and the only part of his body that was touching the couch was his feet.

   " Let me start by saying nobody takes notes on anything that's said in these meetings. That means, when we leave headquarters, any information we need is committed to memory. Please, make yourselves comfortable. "

   " Right. "

There was one giant sofa on one end of the table near the window and two one-seater couches. One was at the end of the table while the other was sat beside L opposite of the big couch. Ukita sat in one of the one-seater couches, and Aizawa took the other one. Mr. Yagami, Mogi, and Matsuda took the big couch near the window. You looked around and noticed that there wasn't a seat for you. You sighed and sat down on the floor, with your legs tugged underneath yourself.

   " Oh, Y/n, you don't have to sit on the floor. " Matsuda said.

   " Take my seat, Y/n. I'll stand. " Mr. Yagami said.

   " Don't worry about it you two. I'll be fine here. "

The two didn't argue and stayed in their seats. L didn't say anything as he glanced at you before getting up and going to the kitchen. He grabbed a tea set and poured himself a cup of coffee. Again, no one said anything and just watched him prepare his cup. After taking a sip, he looked at the dark liquid in his cup, questioning something in his mind. He reached for the jar of sugar, and he started grabbing a few and dropping them in his coffee.

   " Excuse me L-"

   " Mmm, from now on, I'll have to ask that you stop calling me 'L'. It's 'Ryuzaki' now just to be safe. "

   " Uh, okay, Ryuzaki. . .if we know that he needs a name and a face to kill, couldn't we cut down on the number of victims by keeping criminals' names from the news? "

   " If we do that, we'll only be putting the general public at risk. "

   " The general public? "

   " Why? " Ukita and Aizawa questioned.

   " Kira is childish and he hates losing. "

   " But how do you-"