twenty-six ; smith, jones, and peterson part two

Start from the beginning

Luna's demeanor softened and she walked forward, resting her hand on his shoulder. He reached up and grabbed it with one of his hands, looking up to her. "I can't do that again. I don't want to pick the wrong person and end up losing you."

She leaned down, kissing him softly. "You're not going to, I promise. And I like her, she's a real doctor."

He rolled his eyes, shrugging off her hand. "Oh, hush up, I'm a very good doctor."

"Mmhm," Luna agreed. "Absolutely, you definitely know how to use medical tools to help someone."

"You're looking for trouble aren't you?" He looked up with a small smile. "Keep talking, I dare you."

Luna grinned. "Did you try actually restoring the backup, or are you just looking for things blindly?"

The Doctor stopped typing for a moment before sighing. "I was going to try that next."

Luna nodded. "Yeah," she agreed sarcastically. "Of course you were."

The Doctor focused intently again, grabbing the back of the computer and pressing his sonic on to scan for anything. A few minutes passed before he got up and yelled victoriously, pulling Luna into a kiss. "OH, I love you, Luna Peterson," he grinned, grabbing her hand and pulling her down the hall.

She laughed next to him as they ran and a few moments later they caught up to Martha. Martha looked frightened and was running down the hall, glancing behind her fearfully. She didn't even see the pair coming and ran straight into the Doctor. He dropped Luna's hand, steadying Martha.

"I've restored the backup," he told her.

"I've found her," Martha cut him off.

"You what?"

Not a moment later, the door to Mr. Stoker's office fell down and two motorcycle men with black helmets came towards them.

The Doctor's eyes widened and he grabbed Luna's hand again as they rushed away from the creatures. Martha raced behind them and they made it downstairs, only to run into Judoon, before turning around and running out another door. They ran down a hallway, turned left, ran into another hallway and made another left before the lights flickered off slightly.

The Doctor moved Luna and Martha down a separate hallway and they raced across the floor until the Doctor budged open a room and sonic-d the door shut.

"When I say now, press the button!" The Doctor shouted to Luna and Martha as he sonic-d a machine behind a glass window.

"But I don't know which one!" Martha shouted back.

"Then find out! Luna, help her!"

Luna waved him off, already scanning the instruction manual and Martha peeked next to her as they hurried to find the right button.

"This one," Luna moved towards a giant yellow button, her eyes widening as the creature entered the room with the Doctor, the door barreling down.

"NOW!"

Luna and Martha slammed their hands down on the button and the entire room went blue, the creature's skeleton showing as it electrocuted him before he fell down. Luna shut the machine off quickly. Luna's eyes moved to the Doctor in worry but he didn't notice, stepping forward and looking at the motorcycle man.

"What did you do?"

"Increased the radiation by five thousand per cent. Killed him dead."

"But isn't that going to kill you?"

Luna shook her head. "He's been through worse."

"Nah, it's only roentgen radiation," the Doctor explained. "We used to play with roentgen bricks in the nursery. It's safe for you to come out," he told them both and they came out from behind the glass, twisting his body and sucking in breath. "I've absorbed it all. All I need to do is expel it. If I concentrate," he began to shake up and down, bouncing on his heels. "I can shake the radiation out of my body and into one spot," he started hopping on his right foot. "It's in my left shoe. Here we go, here we go. Easy does it. Out, out, out, out, out," he hopped backward, almost stumbling into the wall and Luna laughed. He looked absolutely ridiculous. "Out, out. Ah, ah, ah, ah! It is, it is, it is, it is, it is hot. Hold on," he took off the shoe and tossed it into the yellow waste basket. "Done."