Ch.1.2: Just Bonding

~Daily Life~

About an hour later Cass finally started to calm down, tears kept running down her face but at least she wasn't screaming. Everyone was still in horror from what the voice said.

"E-Execution.." Frankie murmured. "We're all gonna die."

Theresa walked over and hugged Frankie, she gave him a sweet smile, giggling, "No, we aren't gonna die Frankie! Don't say that!"

Nick stood up suddenly, "I-I'm fucking done with this shit! Who the hell are we to even believe that... That thing" His fists were white, clenched tightly and he huffed, "Hawke, where the fuck did you get those cigarettes from?" There was an obvious quake in his voice

"W-What, why are you asking him that?! Aren't you the least bit scared?" Will said, his body trembled in fear of someone dying.

"I found it in my drawer. Shut it tubby. If the man wants a cigarette, he gets a cigarette" Hawke tossed the small tube at Nick, "Ain't no one gonna fuckin' die. And if they do, they'll deserve it"

"Th-That's a horrible thing to say!!" Matthew cried out.

Will grabbed the cigarette and broke it, gritting his teeth. "Nicky isn't supposed to have cigarettes; it's bad for his health!"

"Well, fuck, it's not like we're gonna live anyways," Ace retorted.

As Nick walked to Hawke, Theresa stuttered, "You can't say something like that!! You can't just roll over dead!"

"No one has the right to say that!" Oliver snapped at them, because he knew that despair had begun to set in on the group of strangers. How could they work together, if they couldn't even trust each other?

"We can't just assume that someone is going to die! We need to learn to trust each other!!"

"So what the fuck are we gonna do kid?" Hawke snarled, "Bonding exercises? Prayer circles?"

Nick sat on the table beside him, lighting a cigarette, and his eyes narrowed, "Yeah! How do you think we'll do that?"

Cass shuffled her feet, "Well I think it's a great idea.."

"Yes! Bonding is a great idea indeed!" Theresa agreed, she wrote down notes. "There's about a 40% chance that a killing will happen if we do bond with each other!"

"That's awfully close to 50%..." Ace muttered.

"Congratulations!! The jock can do math!!"

"SHUT UP, JERK!!"

"Will you two idiots stop fighting?" Marilyn asked them, rolling her eyes at them.

"Well what are we going to do now?" Sarah broke through the conversation. Everyone fell silent.

"We can play truth or dare to get to know each other!!" squealed Addison.

"That's a terrible idea," Sam rolled his eyes, standing up

"Well do you have a better idea?" Aaron said, crossing his arms.

Sam huffed, sitting back down, "Something productive..." He grumbled.

"Fine, how about this..." Addison started to say, "We all play 3 truths and 1 lie, that's a great way to get to know someone."

Cass smiled softly, "O-Okay.. will we go around the table?"

"Of course Cass!" Addison tried to look for her first target for the game. "Let's start out with... Matthew!"

"M-Me?" He squeaked out "Uh.."