Prologue

Is it true?

Was I really about to enter Inanimate Hope Academy?

Standing there, I smiled as I looked at the building in front of me. My dreams were finally coming true, and it was amazing. Me, a nobody, going to be with the Super Duper Inanimate students.

It was like a dream come true.

I opened the gate to the building and walked in...

Then something happened. I won't forget the moment that happened. As soon as I stepped inside the iron gates, my thoughts started to turn into mush and gush. I didn't know what was going on...I felt myself falling forward, my body slammed to the ground and everything went black...

I soon woke up in a classroom. I don't remember how I even got here. Is sitting up I looked at my surroundings. All I saw was a normal classroom. The desks were in order, and nothing was odd. I turned to look outside, and to my surprise, they were bolted shut! What kind of school was this?! I stood up quickly to see if anyone else was here.

Nope, no one.

Dammit.

Trying the door, I breathed in relief at the sound of the creaking hinges. Thank God I could leave this room. I walked down the halls of the school, but there was no trace of life, until I reached the gym. Hearing voices, I turned my head and looked at the door.0

There were other students! So I wasn't alone after all.

A little girl, maybe a little around 14, came up to me and giggled. She had brunette hair pulled up into two pigtails. Her wavy bangs were bright gold, and her green eyes were alight with mirth.

 Cassandra Heathers

Super Duper Inanimate Level Crafter

"I guess you're the last one to arrive here sir!" she cheered. It seemed that her joy was contagious, and I couldn't stop myself from grinning.

Two other boys came my way, one tall and buff and the other short and thin. They each stood on one side of the girl, and to an outsider, they had the look of bodyguards.

The buff one had white hair with a bright red streak near his ear. He wore a baseball uniform and had a bat sticking out of his bag. His face was filled with a lopsided smile, and he seemed very friendly.

William Parker

Super Duper Inanimate Level Baseball player

The other boy had light grey hair that seemed to catch the reflection of the ceiling lights. Wearing a black jacket and a light gray shirt, he slouched, hands buried in the pockets of his hoodie. He didn't seem to impressed with me, but I guess that wasn't a surprise. A Super Duper Inanimate has probably never been impressed by a normal person like me.

Nicholas Ashburn

Super Duper Inanimate Level Chef

"Yeah. You are the last one to arrive." said Nicholas. I could just feel his eyes rake over my body, and the crude inspection made me cringe inwardly. What was with this guy? Couldn't he give me a break?

"Yeah." William stood behind his friends and wrapped an arm around each of their shoulders, beaming. "William Parker, but please call me Will. These two are Nick and Cass!"

Nicholas rolled his eyes, and tried to pull away from Will's embrace, "Will, stop calling me Nick!" Unable to shake off the athlete's grip, he resigned and turned his attention to me again, "Nicholas Ashburn, and please don't call me Nick"