"Aw, what's wrong, love? Cat got your tongue?" teased Hermione with raised eyebrows, her lips curling into a confident smirk.

Y/N opened her mouth but no words seemed to get out as the nickname only made her much more flustered, earning her a giggle from the bushy haired girl.

"You look amazing." said Y/N with a shake of her head, trying to get out of her trance.

"Oh shocker. Really couldn't tell by the way you were gawking at me." said Hermione with a playful roll of her eyes.

The two made their way to the party, not exchanging a single word. The two were actually stealing glances off eachother every few seconds, their stupid grins only widening at each look.

"Ah, Y/N! So many people I'd like you to meet—" started Professor Slughorn, but was immediately interrupted by Y/N.

"Sorry, Professor. But I've sort of got a date to dance with." said Y/N with a smile.

Hermione trapped her bottom lip between her teeth in attempt to fight the excited smile that was about to form on her face.

"Dance?" asked Y/N, extending out her arm for the bushy haired girl to grab.

"Only because I ought to repay you." said Hermione, yet her scolding tone was long gone, instead it was replaced with a rather cheeky and joking tone.

Hermione flung her arms around Y/N's neck, Y/N's arms circling around the bushy haired girls waist. The two slowly started swaying, trying to find the rhythm.

They soon got the hang of the rather fast pace, Hermiones giggles rang through the room from Y/N's jokes and cheekiness.

"So. What was that about in Potions class?" questioned Y/N curiously, the music getting slower, their pace slowing.

Hermione's face turned as pink as her dress from the question that she prayed to Merlin that Y/N wouldn't ask. She looked down nervously at their feet, biting down her bottom lip in frustration.

"Why don't you just admit it already and stop making me wait?" mumbled Y/N, her tone rather sad.

"Hey guys, be careful, there's a mistletoe above you..it's often infested with nargles." said Luna Lovegood from beside them, giving Y/N a smile before going back to Professor Trelawny.

Hermione slowly lifted her head, meeting Y/N's eyes. Invisible fireworks had erupted in both of their eyes, their hearts fluttering at eachothers gaze.

"You know, it'd be quite rude to break a tradition." said Y/N in almost a whisper, her grip on Hermione's waist tightening slightly.

Hermione felt her lips going dry as her hand gently stroked the hair on Y/N's nape, her other hand slowly pushing her face closer to hers. Their noses were playfully brushing against eachother as their breath hitched, both of their chests heaving up and down in anticipation.

The bushy haired girl could feel herself going on her tip-toes eagerly, their minty breaths fanning eachothers lips. Hermione pushed her face closer till their lips brushed.

"I love you, Y/N Malfoy." whispered Hermione against her lips.

And there they were, the words that Y/N had been desperately waiting for. And before she knew it, lips had been smashed eagerly onto hers. They both let out a breathless sigh, letting their eyes flutter close, butterflies erupting in their stomachs.

"Woohoo! That's my sister!" yelled the voice of her twin brother, Draco.

Y/N's mind and heart was racing at this point. The bushy haired girls lips were soft and tasted like candy. Salazar, the feeling that she had felt better than drinking Firewhisky.

Neither made a move to deepen the kiss, hearing people clap and cheer for them as they relished the moment they had both been waiting eagerly for.

They both pulled away after feeling breathless. Hermione panted, her heavy breaths hitting Y/N's lips as she just processed what had happen.

"Made me wait three whole years for that. Bit cruel, Granger."

"As if I didn't wait for three years as well."

----------

Ah yes cute and happy! That means despair next chapters— IM JOKING AHHASH maybe.