Chapter 24

Minho's phone rang at six in the morning, waking him up in the process. Angrily, he grasped for his phone on his nightstand. He picked it up with an agitated sigh. "Hello?" he questioned, eyes barely open. He had not looked at the contact so he had no idea who was calling him.

"I heard my brother is in your class? Please, do not strangle each other," the voice on the other end of the call said.

Minho's eyes widened in the span of a second. He chuckled as he heard those words—a chuckle of mischief. "I will most certainly try not to,"

"I'm serious Minho," the person said.

Minho sighed as he rolled his eyes—which were barely even open. "I know, I know... It's been years, I'm over it," he spoke up, yawning in between words. "I'm not sure he is though,"

"He's not," the person stated. "That doesn't mean that can't change," he hinted, trying to persuade Minho in taking the first step to making amends and clearing up their misunderstandings. "That's all I had to say actually... Sorry for waking you,"

"Bye," Minho said before abruptly ending the call. He groaned as he grew more agitated by the second. He rubbed his eyes, hoping to wake himself up some more, yet turned around and covered himself underneath his sheets again. "Bloody hell,"

About an hour later his alarm went off, several times. Yet, he did not wake up. In fact, he had fallen asleep once again, but now seemed to sleep through his alarm.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hours later—close to noon—Minho finally opened his eyes, slowly. He yawned as he turned around, grabbing his phone and checking the hour. He then noticed that he had received a lot of messages and a few missed calls. He furrowed his eyebrows as he then widened them, cursing himself, as he saw how late it was. Late for a school day anyway.

Since he was already hours late, he decided to get ready at his own speed—thus not very quickly. While he was changing clothes he decided to call Chan, as lunch break had just started. He put his phone on speaker and put it down on his nightstand.

Chan picked up his phone. "Dude, where the hell are you?" was the first thing he said—or rather asked.

"Well, believe it or not, but I slept through my alarm. I woke up just a minute ago," he spoke loudly, as he was searching for one of his favourite hoodies in his closet.

Chan chuckled in a slightly mocking way. "Have you met you? Of course I believe that," he said. "Although it has been a while since you slept through... Everything is alright, right?" Chan sounded worried. Minho used to exhaust himself sometimes, so Chan thought this might have been one of those moments.

"Of course, everything's alright!" Minho assured, as he was now putting on his shoes. "Just someone, who felt the need to call me at six in the morning, woke me up more agitated than ever, then I fell asleep again and woke up... now," he kept on rambling. "I just called to say that I'm on my way to school," He took his phone in hand and said, "be there in ten,"

"Ok—" Chan was about to speak, but was cut off by Minho ending the call as he had finished his own sentence. As he heard the beep, Chan muttered, "Then not,"

~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello my dearest friends," Minho called out to his friends as he had finally arrived at school and joined them at their lunch table. He slouched down onto a seat and let out a sigh.

His friends, who weren't facing him, turned their face around as they heard him speak. Chan furrowed his eyebrows, raising one of them. The rest just looked at him with even odder expressions.

In fact, Minho didn't bother to actually make himself look decent. He didn't find it necessary as he had slept through half of the day already anyway. He was wearing casual clothes—the ones he usually wore at home; plain trousers and an oversized shirt, hoodie in hand. Without realising it, he was also still wearing his glasses. He really felt stared at right now. "What?" he shrugged in obliviousness.

"Finally, you're here," Chan said, breaking the ice—to which Minho hummed. As his closest friend, Chan had seen Minho wearing these kinds of clothes before, usually during mental breakdowns. He seriously wondered if his friend wasn't going through one right now.

Minho never cared much for his reputation. He doesn't even know why he is so well known. He had grown tired of his popularity rather quickly, he just doesn't show it. Instead he just started acting like an asshole towards others—mostly due to boredom and self-pity.

He wasn't going to be this person anymore. He now wanted to live the rest of the year in peace, unbothered. Yet, as he looked around, he was bothered by all the people staring at him. He grew irritated, rolling his eyes while groaning. "What is it?" he asked his friends, the ones present being; Chan and Changbin.

Chan's facial expression turned back to normal as he exhaled. "Nothing,"

"Yeah, no, nothing, just... What are you wearing?" Changbin asked him, though he could clearly see what he was wearing. As a matter of fact, he was wearing the same style of clothes at this very moment.

Minho shrugged. "Oh, that... I'm wearing my 'I am lazy and do not give a shit' clothes," he answered with a bit of sass.

"Great... Yeah... Why are you wearing glasses?" Changbin continued on asking.

Minho's eyes widened as he hadn't realised that he forgot to put in his lenses before coming here. That, he did care about. His eyes were his insecurity—but sometimes you have to overcome your insecurities.  "It's called 'bad eyesight', idiot," he scoffed. "Anyway, Hyunjin still a no show? Is anyone able to reach him?"

Chan just went along with Minho, knowing he just wanted to change the subject. "Nope, his phone is probably off and he wasn't at home either for the past few weeks,"

"It's really odd," Changbin said, clearly seeing through them both—but it really wasn't that big of a deal anyway.

"We'll see when he comes back again..." Chan added. "Though I don't think he'll like the fact that the new kid stole his spot in class,"

"Right... What's the kid's name again?" Changbin asked.

Chan just blankly stared at Changbin, having forgotten the boy's name as well. "I forgot... We can ask, since he's right over there with Jisung,"

Minho looked over to where Chan was pointing at. More than looking, he actually glared once his eyes were on them. "There's no need for that," he said, now having eye-contact with the new kid. "I remember his name," Now both boys were glaring at one another. "It's Lee Minjun,"

[A/N]
It might not look like it, but this story is almost to an end!!! I don't know how many chapters are left exactly, but it won't be that many more.

Though I basically went on a 7 month hiatus before last update and a lottttt dropped this story, I still hope you guys who are still reading it aren't gonna be disappointed with how this story turns out in the end!!

Q: How are you guys doing?

A: I'm doing okay, not the best but not bad either :')))

To be continued ;)