I was scared

Night Owl Eli x Solemn White Aesop

Fantasy AU

TW: A bit of blood

______

Once upon a time, there was a great magical being who lived in the woods. He had cerulean eyes that sparkled like sapphires and immaculate platinum hair. He wore a long black cloak covered with midnight blue feathers, which trailed lightly over the ground in a slow, strolling movement. His dark appearance frightened the other inhabitants of the forest and only the snakes and owls were his friends.

Night Owl led a lonesome life.

However, one day he came across a lost child. This was not the first time this had happened and usually, he simply sent one of his companions to guide the youngster out while he watched from a distance, perched on a tree like a crow. Nevertheless, this time seemed different from the others. Firstly, he had never seen such blond hair in addition to the emerald green of his eyes.

Then, secondly, unlike all the others who got disoriented from the path, it looked as if he had entered the forest area of his own free will. Why did he think that? Perhaps because the kid had come running out of nowhere to sit at the base of a tree and sob loudly in an inelegant manner. What a sight.

What to do now? The boy had been crying for an hour now and didn't seem to want to leave even after he sent Brooke Rose, his most majestic owl, to meet him. He barely even noticed the bird despite its ethereal blue plumage. In the end, the mystical creature sighed before leaping off the branch it was resting on, landing right in front of the blonde.

He finally noticed him.

The boy stifled a gasp of surprise when he saw a large masked man appear in front of him, he hadn't felt his presence at all and he thought no one was ever coming around here. He quickly wiped away his tears, about to get up and leave as quickly as possible but the person in front of him raised his hand, as if to indicate that he could stay.

The masked stranger stood before him, unmoving, his eyes glowing slightly in the darkness of the night, like stars in the moonlight. The blonde was completely mesmerized by the enchanting beauty of the one before his eyes, so much so that his cheeks turned pink with embarrassment. Night Owl then stopped staring and took a step forward, crouching down in front of the boy.

"Hi."

"H-Hello..."

So he could talk. After listening to him bawl for an hour, the divine being had some doubts to be honest. It was faint and not very audible but the little man had a soft, delicate voice, a tinkling of a bell. On closer inspection he noticed that he was in a pretty bad state. He had scratches on his legs, arms, face and was wearing rags.

"Did you get attacked?"

"W-What?"

"By the beasts."

It was rare but there were sometimes wild beasts wandering around in the woods. They came in all shapes and sizes, some strong and some weak. The blue-eyed one, however, preferred to avoid them. It wasn't that he wasn't powerful enough to fend them off, except for a few perhaps, but he just didn't feel like bothering with those things.

"O-Oh, no..."

"Why are you in such a state then?"

"I-It's..." the boy hesitated for a moment, could he really confess that to a stranger? "The people in my village..." He did.

The human village... He had only looked at it from a distance until now. These people didn't like people like him, weirdos. They had some dubious practices such as witch-hunting and worshipping a god who probably didn't exist or didn't care about them. So why were they picking on this poor kid? There wasn't much special about him apart from that unusual hair and pupil colour.