Blades and Lies

Eli x Aesop

TW : Death, blood, violence

_______

Blood red. It was the most popular color in the Oletus manor lately, despite the survivors and hunters who resided there. Today, another corpse was discovered in the courtyard of the residence, the body belonging to none other than the photographer, also called Joseph Desaulniers. The poor Frenchman had an almost unrecognizable face now and the embalmer would have to work on it for quite some time to make it suitable for presentation again.

Aesop Carl, twenty-one years old, tall, thin, with silky ashen hair and pearl-like gray eyes. A rather charming young man who got along well with the photographer. Apparently, he reminded the latter of his deceased younger twin brother and this brought them closer, Joseph talking without saying anything unnecessary, his presence was not disturbing for the young embalmer and they spent quite a bit of time talking in the same yard where his body was found. A real tragedy.

The survivor had borrowed part of the infirmary so he could embalm the photographer's body and was now standing in front of a hospital bed, his mask firmly hanging over both ears and the corpse lying in front of him. His face was the most damaged part and it looked like he had been stabbed a dozen times in the head. Who hated the Frenchman so much to attack him and disfigure him like this?

Moreover, this was not the first incident.

No, about two weeks ago, another body was discovered, this time the one of the prospector, Norton Campbell. The scene where the body lay was the garden, stabbed by the sharp fences that protected the flower beds, entering through his back and exiting through his torso. Footprints that appeared to be his were found all over the place and so it was concluded as an unfortunate accident where the man stumbled and met his end.

Aesop was quite close to Norton as well, just like with Joseph, the prospector was rather quiet by nature and did not talk as much as the other survivors who he found quite noisy. Sometimes they didn't need to talk to each other to understand what the other wanted to say and the young embalmer appreciated that very much. They had spent a lot of time in the garden looking at the yellow roses that Emma had grown with care.

Unfortunately, the prospector was no longer in this world to watch them with him.

Two of the few people he could accept had just disappeared. How did this happen? Why? All his life he had been living in solitude after his mother's death, spending his days embalming the dead under the guidance of his mentor. Then when he arrived at the mansion, he met several people who changed his mind and accepted him for who he was. Dealing with Campbell's body was already an ordeal for him and now he had to do the same for Desaulniers.

The embalmer took a deep breath before taking his needle and thread in hand and began to stitch the photographer's face. He needed to concentrate as much as possible on this task and did not have time to worry about the light from the lamp beading drops of sweat from his forehead. After maybe an hour or two, he finished giving the body a makeover. He put down his working tools on the table and took place on the seat beside, sighing heavily. 

However, his rest was short-lived before someone came knocking on the door of the infirmary. Who could it be? He was sure he had asked Emily to warn the others not to disturb him until he was finished with Joseph's body. Aesop grunted slightly but got up anyway and opened the door, coming upon a brown-haired figure with a blindfold, Eli Clark.

Indeed, if it was the seer, he probably had a vision of the embalmer taking a break and would have taken the opportunity to come check on him. The brunet simply smiled as he took a step into the room. Aesop followed him to the bed where the Frenchman's body lay, a lifeless expression on his face. He had just lost a second one of his close friends and it was getting hard to deal with the damage they sustained with a peaceful mind.