My sun, my love, my heart

Jarhead Norton x Rorschach Aesop

_____

The sun was blinding to his eyes, which had only seen darkness until now, making him look down and close his eyes. The smell of the rapeseed flowers was intoxicating but foreign and irritated him slightly. Everything was so... unfamiliar. But it was as if he was in a dream at the same time. Was it a dream? Perhaps, he still remembered the feel of the cold asylum floor and the occasional scream that could be heard down the hall.

"Norton."

There he was now hearing his voice. So it really was a dream because there was no way he could be in such a beautiful place with him. However, the voice repeated his name again, and then one more time. After a fourth time, Norton suddenly opened his eyes to look ahead. It was him. It was not a dream. The man in front of him wore a mask, preventing the lower part of his face from being seen, but his squinted eyes showed gentleness and kindness in his gaze.

"D-Doctor..."

"We're not there anymore Norton, I'm no longer a doctor."

"T-That's right... Aesop..."

His voice trembled, mumbled, whispered. It echoed in his ears, he hated it. It was too loud, a real racket. He wanted it to stop, he wanted the noise to stop and he wanted to be left alone. Why did he always have to be the one to suffer? The accident in the mine weighed on his mind enough and he didn't need any more problems. Then his heart began to beat faster, he could feel it pounding in his chest as if it were about to burst out of his rib cage.

"Norton."

Again. He was calling his name. He had to answer him or else-.

"I'm here." 

Then two hands came to rest over his ears and all noise stopped.

"Look at me."

He obeyed. More than by desire, it was almost like an automatism. But he didn't regret his gesture either when he met two gray eyes watching him and him alone with love. He raised his arms and put one of his hands against his and the other on his cheek. Despite the fabric of his glove, he could still feel the warmth of his body, proving to him that he was really there and that this was reality. Aesop Carl, his sun, his love, his heart. He was the one who saved him and got him out of that hell.

"No one can hurt you now."

Ah... Those comforting words... If it was him, he could believe it, even if it was a lie. From now on, he would follow him wherever he went and always stay by his side.