Wrong Drink

Eli x Aesop

_________

Today was another ordinary day at the manor for Eli Clark. For once, he'd gotten up early and hadn't lingered in bed until noon, avoiding another lecture from Emily or remarks from his best friend, Aesop Carl. He had fed Brooke Rose and was heading to the dining room to eat breakfast. When suddenly...

"Eli ~"

"Hm !?"

A pair of arms threw themselves around his waist, preventing him from taking another step, and a familiar deep, honeyed voice tickled his ears. He turned his head slightly to see who was holding him back and was surprised when he saw the embalmer with a funny expression. His mask was pulled down to his chin and he had a blissful smile on his face almost as if he was... drugged.

"A-Aesop ? What are you doing ?"

"I like your smell..."

"W-What ?"

The embalmer buried his face in the back of the diviner's neck, sniffing his hair. That move sent a shiver directly down the brunette's spine. He was now sure that something was wrong with his friend. It was when he came to this realization that another person rushed towards the duo in the corridor. This time it was the priestess, Fiona Gilman.

"Fiona ?"

The young woman stopped in front of the two men, bending down slightly, her hands on her knees to catch her breath. She had probably been running. After a few moments, she straightened up quickly with a panicked, even guilty look on her face. From the look on her face, it was quite likely that she was involved in Aesop's strange behavior.

"O-oh, um, Eli ! I see that you found Aesop !"

"Yes, and there's definitely something strange about him."

"True ?! He may have a fever so I should probably take him to see Emily !" she exclaimed.

The priestess tried to seize the arm of the embalmer but like a cat feeling attacked, he hissed and clung to the arm of the diviner, glaring at the young woman. Seeing the situation in which he found himself, Eli gently caressed the hair of his friend to try to calm him down. It worked rather well because the embalmer let himself be touched. He smiled before turning his gaze to Fiona.

"No use trying to hide it any longer, what did you do to him Fiona ?"

"Okay..." she replied with a sigh. "So there you go,"

Half an hour earlier, before Eli arrived...

Aesop had just arrived in the living room and settled down at the table with his breakfast. It was pretty quiet since it was still early, there was only Emily in the kitchen preparing the meal for the other survivors and then Fiona and Patricia sitting on the side doing who knows what.

"Aesop wait-"

After he finished his meal, he would go as usual to wake up Eli. The brunette was probably still sleeping. He laughed softly as he imagined the seer hugging his pillow with disheveled hair. He swallowed the last bite of his toast and drank his fruit juice. It tasted strange and seemed a little sweeter than what he usually took. He glanced at his glass to notice that it wasn't his. This one had a strange pink liquid in it, strawberry juice ?

"You drank the love potion !"

"Huh ?"

He did what ? Suddenly, the embalmer felt like everything was spinning around him and he was almost going to pass out. Fiona seemed to be saying something but he couldn't hear her. It was as if her voice was a distant echo. His body was burning and he was hot. Aesop then looked up in front of him, Eli was walking down the hallway. Strange that he was awake at this hour, at least he didn't have to go wake him up.