When Hinata saw Naruto drop on the ground she got scared. As soon as she reached Naruto her eyes widened by the condition he was in...shivering arms and legs, stomach growling, thin clothes which could barely provide any warmth and a sword.."wait a sword?" Hinata was confused by this "why would a person who is barely able to walk by himself carry a sword?" Hinata tried to pick up the sword but failed miserably "It's heavy. I have to wake him up. Hello? Hello Mister please wake up?" Hinata slowly shook him but Naruto didn't seem to open his eyes. Letting a deep sigh escape through her mouth she decided to go for the last resort.

She activated her Byakugan and tapped on Naruto's forehead causing him to flinch "there there I guess it worked". Hinata then waited for Naruto to wake up. "hey are you okay? Please say something don't scare me like that. You should not lie on the ground like this. You were lucky that I was nearby but what if--". Hinata couldn't speak any further as Naruto fully opened his eyes. Deep blue eyes with hint of orange around it in this dark surrounding made it look like some kind of jewel. Hinata was slowly drowning in the beuty of his eyes, loosing herself in it's eternal bliss.'How can someone's eyes be so beautiful?' was all Hinata wondering about.

On other hand Naruto was just lying on the ground with his eyes open. It took him a little time to completely come back to his senses. "Beutiful" a word escaped from Hinata's mouth but when she realized what she said her face got red allover as she covered her mouth. 'Did he hear that? I am such a fool'.

Without wasting any time Naruto tried to get up on his legs but stumbled again. "Who are you? And where are you going?" Asked Hinata. "I am Naruto. I haven't eaten anything since more than a week. I was looking for someplace to eat...and stay probably" replied Naruto.

"Oh I am Hinata Hyuga, I am from this village so I can guide you to a place...well by this hour we can go to only one place" Hinata noticed the satisfied look Naruto gave to her. "I..I have a small favour to ask" Naruto bowed down to Hinata which shocked her "You see I have no money with me...will you please.." Hinata understood what Naruto was trying to say as she replied with a smile "Don't worry about it. It will be on me".

"Thank you very much Hinata-san I will pay your every penny back as soon as possible" said Naruto. "No need of it. Now let's go before the shop closes" just when Naruto walked ahead he started to stumble in his track "If you don't mind you can rest one arm on my shoulder because if you walk like that it will take us forever to reach" suggested Hinata. "Well if you don't mind.." Naruto then supported one of his arm on her shoulder and both of them started to walk to their destination.

............

At Ichiraku Ramen shop.

The walk till here was a rather silent one. Whereas on one hand Naruto was nervous to start a topic with her , on other hand Hinata was worried why Naruto was so silent. "Here we are!" exclaimed Hinata. "This is the best place to eat ramen. You will sure like it".

"Ichiraku Ramen huh?..I don't care if it's good or not. For now I just want something to go in my stomach". Soon both of them entered the shop to be greeted by Teuchi and his daughter Ayame. "Oh! Hinata-sama welcome. We were just about to close" said Teuchi while he was cleaning the desk. Soon Hinata and Naruto sat on their respective chair. Naruto noticed how the shop owner addressed Hinata as 'Hinata-sama'. "Umm..Hinata-san?" called Naruto as she looked at him "are you by any means a princess or something?". Hinata's face turned red after she heard the question. Thoughts started to pop up in her mind 'He thinks I am a princess! Well I am a princess but what makes him think I am a princess? Is this some kind of compliment or is this--'. Naruto was confused as his question was left unanswered "Hinata-san are you a princess?" Naruto repeated himself.
"Wh-what makes you th-think like th-that?" Hinata's old habit of stuttering suddenly kicked in. "I mean shop owner called you as sama so I thought.."
"Oh is that so" Hinata ignored the question. 'And here I was thinking like a fool'

"Hinata-sama who is this boy with you is he some outsider?" asked Ayame. "He is Naruto.When I was taking a walk I found him lying on the ground in terrible condition. He has not eaten for a week and he also doesn't have any money so I am helping him. Please cook something fast and tasty." replied Hinata. "Don't worry we were just closing so it is on the house. Well Mister have you ever tried Ramen?" asked Teuchi to which Naruto shook his head in disagreement. "Well then you are lucky to have my Ramen as the first one. Just wait for few minutes".

"So Naruto...from where are you? I mean which village? And what's with that sword?" Ayame bombarded Naruto with questions. "I am not from any village. I have always lived in woods. Hunting animals for food, eating fruits and vegetables, using tree houses to stay, river to bath...this how I used to live past six years...before the Forest Act was passed last month. Hunting and using flora and fauna of forest got restricted at almost every place. It got impossible to fulfill my basic needs. At every few miles there were watchmen to look over the forest. So I thought to settle in any of the village nearby and came here. This sword, I use it for protection purpose that's it." Everyone was listening to Naruto's story with keen ears. "It must have been hard for you. The land is slowly loosing it's soil fertility. Growing vegetables and fruits have become difficult. Slowly the forest area is also decreasing. So the Kages of all the five nations collectively decided to pass this Act." said Hinata.

"Kage?" Naruto was unaware by the term "Top most respected and powerful position in the nation is given to a worthy person who is capable of protecting his nation and village. Like in our village Konoha we have Minato-sama as Hokage" explained Hinata. "Here is your Miso char siu ramen! Please tell me how is it?" Teuchi proudly served his special ramen dish with an expected answer. The sight of such an amazing looking dish and such delicious aroma was driving Naruto crazy. Without wasting any moment he started to dig in like no tomorrow.

Few ten minutes passed and Naruto had completely finished 11 bowls of ramen. All three of them were looking at him with wide eyes and open mouth as he finished his 12th bowl now.."brrp This the best food I have had in my life Teuchi-san" Naruto finally felt normal now. All his weakness was gone though he was still shivering because of the cold. "Good that the order was on the house" laughed Hinata as she counted the piled up bowls. "You said you lived in forests for last six years right? So what you did before that?" asked Hinata. "I don't know if you all will believe or not but I don't remember anything before that. It's like I have existed for 19 years but lived only 6 years. One day I woke up to find that I remember nothing but my name."

"Hinata-sama I think you should go home now. You have a important day tomorrow" said Teuchi. "Not a big deal Teuchi-san. It's not like I am bothered about it "Naruto was confused by the sudden change in topic "Is there something important Hinata-san?".

"Tomorrow a prince from Fumo clan is coming to propose Hinata for wedding. Just to let you know Naruto...Hinata is the princess of Hyuga clan, one of the most powerful clan in the world" said Ayame in a sly voice as she looked at Naruto's change in expression. He suddenly got up from his seat and bowed down to Hinata "I am really sorry Hinata-sama to cause so much trouble. For such a small existence like me to put a hand on your shoulders, ask you to show me the place, to think I troubled you before your proposal day.." Naruto kept on blabbering before Hinata stopped him "calm down calm down. And stop calling me Hinata-sama. You said you are 19 right so we are of same age. Now that we have exchanged our names, talked to each other we two are friends. So call me Hinata. I hope you don't mind if I call you Naruto".

"Offcourse offcourse. HINATA. To think my first friend is a princess herself" Naruto gave Hinata one of his best smiles to which she blushed furiously "I-i ha-have to go h-home now. See y-you l-later N-naruto" with this Hinata left the place and ran off to her home.

"I will have to find a job so that I can settle down in this village." Naruto's murmers were heard by Teuchi who was closing up his shop "You see Naruto nowadays our shop is visited by many customers so it becomes hard for me and Ayame to handle it. Also tomorrow we have to deliver a large order to Hyuga House. So what I am saying is...you can work in my shop and I will pay you monthly salary. How about that?".

Naruto was overjoyed. He was really worried about his job but to find it so quickly was not expected by him. "Thank you very much Teuchi-san. It will be my pleasure to work in your shop".

"For few days you can stay at my house. Remember tomorrow we have an important day so wake up quickly". Soon the group started to walk towards their home. 'Hidden Leaf huh....I wonder how my life would be from tomorrow onwards....'

............................................................................

Naruto: The return of the lost child.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें