Chapter 6

(Yamato's POV)

I arrive at the gym earlier this morning because I have practice with Akira. I see him practicing his serves from the gym's doorway, "That was great Akira..." I saw the ball he threw fell on his head and that he almost fall. I hurriedly run and catch him before he could touch the floor and hurt himself or sprain his ankle in the process, "Are you alright Akira?" I ask.

He looked at me in surprise, "Y-Yamato-senpai."

I smile, "Be careful Akira... We don't want you getting hurt because of practice, don't we?"

"Thank you Yamato-senpai. I will be careful from now on," Akira says and I pat his head, "Akira, since you're an opposite hitter, other than you have the most versatility to excel in defensive and offense... You are also our emergency setter. Let's take things step by step to help you improve. We will start with setting, is that okay with you Akira?" I explained and he nodded n agreement.

I watch as Akira took a deep breath and threw the ball to me. I dribble the ball for sometimes and nods, I toss it up to Akira and he immediately jump to hit the ball to the other side of the court.

"That was good Akira," I compliment him.

"Thank you senpai... But can you lower it for the next toss? I-uhm... have some difficulties in hitting it"

"Of course Akira. Ah while at it... before you hit the ball, make sure that you take two or three steps run before you bent down your leg a bit lower and then jump. Let's try it," I advice.

I tossed him once more, make it lower than the previous one and I watch as he did the two-three steps run and jump while hitting it. Akira able to hit it perfectly and the ball slammed down to the ground with a loud bang and I grin seeing it work.

"Good job Akira!"

"That was great senpai!"

With that, we did another setting practice and Akira did amazingly well and he is a fast learner. I am very happy to see that satisfied smile whenever he able to spike it perfectly.

***

The lunch bell ring and most of the students decided to go out to the cafeteria. Me, Shigeru and Watari decided to go together. I put one of my hand on the blazer's pocket.

"Kageyama-kun... How was morning practice with Kunimi?" Asked Shigeru.

"Akira did pretty good... We are learning on how to set now," I answer.

"Ehh Kunimi is so lucky..." Shigeru says chuckling.

"Lucky?" I ask confuse.

"Yes lucky! You are an excellent middle blocker and opposite hitter too. You probably the best mentor for Kunimi. Ahh make me jealous," Shigeru tease and laugh.

"Kageyama-san, you really are very nice. We should practice together too sometimes, Kageyama-san!" says Watari in excitement.

"It will be nice too Watari-san..."

Just as we walked through the hallway, we found ourselves pass the first year hallway and I took notice of Akira coming out from his class.

"Akira!" I call.

Most of the students who are still lingering in the hallway look at our direction. I could hear the girls squeal. Right... I forget other than Kageyama Yamato, the volleyball member of Aoba Johsai... I am also Kageyama Yamato the model.

"Yamato-senpai? Ah Yahaba-senpai... Watari-senpai..." He look at the three of us.

"Hello Kunimi!" Greet Shigeru before looking around, "Where is Kindaichi?"