Chapter 4

Chapter 4

(3rd Person POV)

After Yamato finish stretch up and get ready for the mini rally assessment announced by Coach Irihata. He then decided to have 3 vs 3 mini rally with one team consists of Yahaba, Yamato and Hanamaki, and the other team consists of Oikawa, Iwaizumi and Matsukawa.

The rally starts with Oikawa first serve. He bounced the ball for few times before spinning it around his hand and do his jump serve. Oikawa was sure that he will get a service ace but was shocked to seen it being receive perfectly by Yamato who then make Yahaba to set the ball and Hanamaki score a point for them. Everyone was quite surprised to see someone able to receive Oikawa's serve perfectly. The game continues on for a while with Yamato as middle blocker able to block quite amount of spikes coming from the 3rd years team. It was now Yamato's turn to serve. Most of the team members were anxious to see what kind of serve that the legendary light kitsune king will give to them.

Yamato bounce the balls for sometimes while take a deep breath and spin the ball in its axis with determination shown on his ice blue eyes as he look at ahead which immediately give chills on most of the members spine. His eyes fill with strong determination but his face looks so relax. He toss the ball up high and do a quick four steps jump and hit it across the net with high speed make the ball almost looks white and it slam directly right in the middle of the court on Oikawa's team site.

It was a perfect trickery jump serve with perfect control. All of them look at Yamato in astonishment and wide eyed. They could not believe there is someone on par with Oikawa's serve. Coach Irihata smile and looks proud.

Kageyama Yamato... The legendary light kitsune king really follow on his reputation as being a trickster indeed. The rally match ended with 25 - 23 to Oikawa's team but the presence of the light kitsune king really leave a shock and hard challenge for them.

"Welcome to the team Kageyama Yamato," says Oikawa after getting a nod from Coach Irihata, "We will be counting on you from now on and our future matches."

Yamato looks surprised but then he smile, "I believe in you captain!"

Oikawa looks surprised but then he give thumbs up. He believes that with Yamato on his team now, their chance to go to Nationals will increase drastically. He could not wait to go to nationals with his teammates.

***

(Yamato's POV)

It's been three days since I join the Aoba Johsai volleyball club. It was exciting and the members are also very nice and helpful. It was almost the end of the class and I received a message from Ryouta saying that he is outside the school's gate waiting for me make my eyes went wide.

"Kageyama? What's wrong?" I heard Ya- I mean Shigeru called out to me and make me blink few times seeing Shigeru is at the door along with Watari who just come to pick us up.

"Ah.... Nothing it's just that my friend is outside," I answer chuckle nervously while sweatdrop.

"Really? We have practice though... I think we could ask coach to let your friends wait for you inside," says Watari.

With that I nod and together the three of us walk to the gate. As we near, I could see a mass of blond hair boy waiting with huge smile wearing blue jacket.

"Ryouta!" I called him out and he turn around with huge grin on his face.

"Yamatocchiiii!!"

Ryouta run to me and hug me while clinging on my arms. I pat his head. Ryouta looks so excited and keep on bombarding me with questions.

"Yamatocchiiii.... It is not fun with you during modelling schedule! We should take another photoshoot session again soon!"

"I've been busy with school and settling back here in Miyagi, Ryouta."

"It still not fun Yamatocchi... Seems like you abandoning me," Ryouta whine.

I sigh and before I retort, I heard sounds of clearing throat and I look to see a blushing Shigeru and a nervous Watari look at the two of us.

"Ah... ano Ka-Kageyama-kun... Is he uhmm... You know..." started Shigeru.

"I'm sorry... This is Kise Ryouta, my best friend and modelling partner," I introduce this blond idiot best friend of mine to Shigeru and Watari.

Ryouta looks excited and grin, "Nice to meet you-ssu! Kise Ryouta desu but I am sure you already know that," he grin cheekily and I had to stop my urge to hit him on the back of his head.

"Don't be so full of yourself, Ryouta. These two are my friends here, Yahaba Shigeru and Watari Shinji. They are also my new teammate," I introduce them.

Watari looks starstruck and smile, "Kise-san! It's nice to meet you in person and you look way taller than the magazine portray."

"Hehehe it's nice to meet fans. Thank you for taking care of my Yamatocchi here!"

"M-my Yamatocchi?!" Shrieked Shigeru with deep blush and shock.

I glare at Ryouta who look sheepish... I will knock some sense to this idiot!

***

At the Gym...

Everyone looked so shocked to see Ryouta here and most of all Ryouta looks so smug and it does not help he sometimes shows his clinginess to me in front of my teammate and to say I was mortified could be an understatement. This boy!

"Thank you for letting me watching for Yamatocchi!" He says with huge grin.

I look at Shigeru who seems to have dark cloud above his head and a sweatdrop Watari who seems like trying to console the second setter.

"Heh.... So this is the pretty face boy that is very close with my precious kohai, Yama-chan..." says Oikawa with an irritated look.

Ryouta look back at Oikawa-senpai and tilt his head to the side before smirking. What happen with these two now... I internally sigh.

"Ah you must be that King I've heard so much about in this school's volleyball club. Yamatochhi will never be yours, King... Yamatocchi is only mine," says Ryouta with a smirk.

Oikawa-senpai looks irk at what Ryouta said. For the record I am nobody's. I belong to myself. It seems that the tension between Ryouta and Oikawa-senpai is so thick and seems like thunder and lightning clash between this two.

"Ano... Yamato-senpai, are you okay?" I heard Kindaichi asking me in wonder along with Kunimi.

"I'm fine... Just annoy," I said trying to keep my cool while plotting on how to knock Ryouta to cut his antics.

I walked in between Oikawa-senpai and Ryouta and give a look to Ryouta who pouts childishly.

"Oi Trashykawa cut it out!" Iwaizumi-senpai then kick Oikawa-senpai's back which results in a pain shriek coming from our captain, "It hurts Iwa-channnn! Why are you so mean?" The captain protest to our vice-captain.

"You deserve it crappykawa! That is not how you talk to someone!" Another hit and yelp could be heard.

I sigh and look at the other members before bowing down, "I am sorry for causing trouble everyone..."

The others just sweatdrop and shook their heads with amusement could be seen on their face. Coach then come just in time and raise an eyebrow seeing the view of Iwaizumi-senpai and Oikawa-senpai did, "Do I really wanna know?" He ask the others and they just chuckle.

"Coach... Sorry I forget to tell you that my friend will be here. I forgot that he was supposed to pick me up and I forget to let him know about practice," I apologize.

"Don't worry Kageyama. It's fine might as well need another eyes of sports enthusiast although different sport," coach says.

"Ah don't worry coach Irihata. I know some things about volleyball because of Yamatocchi! And I wouldn't mind watching how the practice turns out to be with Yamatocchi in a team. It's been a while since I saw him play," Ryouta assure with thumbs up.

Coach Irihata laugh and nods telling Ryouta to sit beside him. I sigh. This practice will be tiring indeed.