33

I woke up and looked at the clock beside the bed and it said 3:45 am. Negans arm is no longer around me and I got up slowly as to not wake him. I saw something slide under the door. I quietly walked over and picked it up. I walked to the window and used the moonlight to read the note.

Come down to the cells. I have a change of clothes for you to wear. I'm getting you out of here. Don't let Negan see this note.

- Dwight

I was confused why he would help me but did what the note said. I quietly made my way down to the cells and I saw Dwight leaning against the wall. He turned his head and saw me coming.

"Come on." He whispered. I followed him to his room and went inside.

"How did you know I was awake?" I asked, quietly.

"I saw your feet under the door." He said.

"But how did you know it was mine and not Negans?" I asked.

"You have girl feet." He said. That makes sense. "Here. Change into these." He said, handing me clothes.

I changed into them without asking where he got them from

"Follow me but stay quiet." He said.

I nodded my head and followed him outside. He got on a motorcycle and motioned me to get on as well. He started it and drove off. I was holding onto him so I won't fall off. After a long drive, he came to a stop and turned to me.

"Hilltop is just that way. Hurry up and get there." He said. "And here." He said, handing me a machete and a gun. "Now go. I have to get back and act like I never left." He said.

I got off the motorcycle and he drove back to the Sanctuary. I ran in the direction he told me and after a long run, I got to the gate of Hilltop. The gate opened and I went inside. I saw someone walking over and stop in front of me.

"Skylar?" Maggie asked.

"Hi Maggie." I said. She hugged me and I hugged her back. "How are you and your baby?" I asked.

"We're good. The baby is okay." She said.

"That's good to hear." I said. "I have some news." I said.

"What is it?" She asked.

"I'm pregnant." I told her.

"Congratulations Skylar." She said, hugging me again.

"Thanks Maggie. Now we're both growing human beings in our bellies." I said, smiling.

"Yes we are. Now come on, I'll show you where you can sleep." She said. We walked into the house and she showed me to a room and I laid down and slept.

I woke up to the sun hitting my eyes and got out of bed. I didn't change out of my clothes so I just brushed my hair and put it up in a ponytail and put my boots back on. I walked outside and was greeted by Jesus.

"Hi Jesus." I said, smiling.

"Skylar, you're back." He said, hugging me and I hugged him back.

"Yes I am." I said. "But it won't be long until they come looking for me." I said, when the gate opened.

I turned my head and saw Daryl walking in. He saw me and stopped. I let go of Jesus and walked towards him and stopped once I was in front of him.

"Hi Daryl." I said, before being engulfed in a hug. I hugged him back and we stayed like that for awhile before pulling away.

"How did you get away?" He asked.

"Believe it or not, Dwight helped me. He got me out of there." I said. "Surprised the hell out of me but at least I'm back with you." I said, smiling.

"I'm glad you're back Skylar. I was nothing without you." He said, before kissing me. I kissed him back, wrapping my arms around his neck.