Foba

Requested by zombies3fan108

Boba blinked, trying to figure out who was calling him in the middle of the night. He picked up the phone.

"Have you seen Fennec?" asked Cara's voice, sounding panicked.

"No, why?" he asked, trying to stay awake.

"Because she's not at her house and she's not at Bo's house and she's not at Ahsoka's house and she's not at Rey's house, so I thought she might be at your house!"

"Fennec's missing?"

"Yes, you di'kut!"

Boba hung up. He was wide awake, suddenly. He got dressed, grabbed a flashlight, and headed outside.

Why would she leave? 

Boba thought back to Fennec recently. She hadn't been herself-less laughing or making jokes. She had seemed stressed out, although he couldn't tell why.

If I were Fennec, where would I go?

Well, that was easy. The river.

Fennec loved the river, especially at night. She had admitted that sometimes she would just stare out at the star-filled river for hours.

Boba raced towards the river, slowing down as he reached it. Swinging the flashlight, he saw the shape of somebody, there, at the bridge.

Boba walked towards the person. As he got closer, he realized that it was definitely Fennec.

"I thought I might find you here."

Fennec whirled around, knife drawn, before she realized who it was. Her face was streaked with tears.

"Hi, Boba."

"What are you doing out here?"

"Nothing."

"You terrified the wits out of Cara."

"Oh, no. Is she alright?"

"I think so. She called me and asked if I'd seen you."

"Because Din would kill us both if she wasn't alright."

"True."

"Yeah."

They stood there in silence.

"Hey, listen, I'm not going to make you tell, but...what are you doing?"

"Running away."

"What? Why?"

"Because I don't have anywhere to stay. My aunt kicked me out."

"Oh. I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault."

"Can I help? If you come back, I'm sure Cara or Ahsoka would let you stay at one of their houses. I know I would. Sorry, that sounded weird."

"No, it didn't. You're right. I'll come back."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"I'll tell Cara." Boba felt around in his pockets. "Oh, dammit. I left my phone at home. I'll go get her." Boba started to walk off.

"Thanks. And, Boba?"

Boba paused. "Yeah?"

"I love you."