20

"Dune. I'm pretty sure you weren't supposed to hear this conversation," Omera hissed.

"But I did." Cara shrugged, brushing a leaf off of her shoe. 

"Cara?" Asked Din.

"Yup. So you were right, Din. Omera was trying to kill me," Cara said casually, as if this were a normal topic of conversation. 

"If we're going to have this conversation, let's do it somewhere where random people can't hear us," Omera insisted.

So they walked to Din's house.

"Omera, I don't understand why they only had you try to kill me. Din would protect Grogu, too," Cara said.

"Well, yes, that's true, but Gideon knew that I wouldn't kill Din," Omera admitted. 

"Oh."

"But how tough are you, anyways? How well would you protect Grogu?" Asked Omera, as if she was daring Cara to start a fight.

Din jumped in. "Cara could kill anyone who tried to take Grogu."

"But only because of you," Cara said without meaning to. 

"What?"

"I would kill anyone who tried to take Grogu. But only because of you."

"I-Oh, look how late it is!" 

Omera left, and Cara gave Din a you-know-perfectly-well-I'm-not-going-anywhere look. 

"Cara. What do you mean, you would only protect Grogu because of me?" Din asked.

"I mean that I love you," Cara said. 

Din stared at her.

"I-I love you too, Cara."

And he kissed her.