New Additions & Marriage Traditions

Start from the beginning

"It's crazy to think about, isn't it?" pondered Ron, looking suddenly sentimental. He turned to Charlie, his eyes pleading, "Just- just promise you won't split up, okay? It'll be extremely awkward if you do."

Charlie rolled his eyes, throwing a pillow towards Ron, who dodged it with surprising ease.

"I mean, what's the rush? Hermione's not — you know —" whispered Ron, indicating towards his stomach, earning himself an immediate glare from Charlie.

"You're sounding more and more like your mum every day," he scolded. "Time to get your own place."

"But maybe Mum and Dad have a point, though," suggested Ron, shrugging. "You're still so young —"

"They want to get married, Ron," added Harry, casting his friend a stern look. "Nothing you say is going to change that."

"I know, but —"

"We don't want to wait to start living," said Charlie resolutely, as he and Hermione had once explained to Mr. and Mrs. Granger, to the rest of the Weasleys.

This seemed to sober Ron, and he stood to clap Charlie on the back.

"If you hurt her, I'll —"

"You'll what? Punch me in the face? Been there, done that, mate," joked Charlie, and the three boys laughed together this time. Charlie could think of little that could possibly be worse than what they'd already suffered; only the thought of his life without Hermione by his side seemed to be a worse punishment.

There was a gentle knock on the door before it was pushed open gently. Peaking his pink-haired head through the cracks, Teddy Lupin, Charlie's favourite two-year-old Metamorphmagus, made his undeniable presence known in the doorway.

Charlie whipped his head around, noticed who it was, and quickly rushed over and lifted Teddy, who squealed in response, into his arms. The young boy was dressed in a light grey suit, paired with a little pink bowtie that mimicked the colour of his hair perfectly.

"Look at you, Ted!" gasped Charlie, ruffling the little boy's hair as he giggled contently in response. "You're all ready for a wedding, aren't you?"

"Aunthie 'Mione hewped me geth dreshshed," babbled Teddy, pulling at his bowtie. "She shaid I wooked handshome!"

"You do, kiddo," Charlie chuckled, "just don't go stealing the heart of my future wife, though, yeah?"

"What've you got there, Ted?" asked Harry, pointing at a small note tucked into the boy's hand as he grinned widely, watching his best friend interact with his godson

"What've you got there, Ted?" asked Harry, pointing at a small note tucked into the boy's hand as he grinned widely, watching his best friend interact with his godson. "Who's that from?"