【𝟎𝟎𝟑】

𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓

━†☓☯☓†━

    𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑾𝑶𝑲𝑬 𝑨𝑩𝑹𝑼𝑷𝑻𝑳𝒀 to the sound of thunder rolling in the distance and a harsh pain coursing through your body. Lifting your head and adjusting yourself so you were laying comfortably you began licking at the many injuries littering your body. The cold air nipped at the skin you pampered.

    Surprisingly, the two nightlights woke up to your movements instead of the storm. Coalcap stubbornly head-bumped your side and dug himself as far into your body heat as he could.

     Blacklight decided seeing what you were doing was more important than sleep and decided to investigate - having to stand up because of your size. She teetered, but her determination kept her upright.

    You paused and looked back at the curious pup. "Why aren't you going back to sleep, young lady?" you asked. Blacklight ignored your stern gaze. "Why aren't you asleep?" she countered.

    Before you could give her a reason, your appearance caught her eye. "Where'd you get all these scars from? Did you fight someone? Did you win?" The young nightlight jumped excitedly at the thought of having a badass-looking daddy.

    Coalcap woke when he heard you got into a fight and yawned. "You fought someone, daddy? Well, did you win?"

"I -"

    "I guess I could stay here for the night.." a rusty voice echoed throughout the cave. The voice of the creature was unfamiliar to you. It wasn't a dragon and it certainly wasn't a sheep. Suddenly, all at once your fatigue began rapidly crashing down on you.

You tried to blink it away, but that only coaxed you further into rolling over and nodding off.

    The sound of sopping wet footsteps grew closer the more you waited. You stood on your feet and watched the entrance while the pups scrambled to hide behind your legs. It didn't take long for a silhouette to appear in the cave's entrance, but you weren't expecting it to be a human of all things.

    It was when the human stepped into the cave that you got into a ready position to attack. Hearing your growl, the human sighed in relief and visibly relaxed. "That you, bud?" The human pulled out an object that burst aflame. You didn't know humans could breathe fire. No one ever told you that in their stories.

    The human walked towards you, blindly putting its trust in you without knowing what you were. "Man, I've been looking for you everywhere--AH!" The human interrupted itself with a scream when it realized you weren't who it thought you were.

━†☓☯☓†━

    I stumbled with a scream when I realized that what I thought was Toothless wasn't Toothless, but an identical with scales of a dirty white color. I would have been fascinated if I wasn't alone and didn't drop my sword.

    The dragon noticed what was dropped and shoved it behind itself. Two creatures I couldn't name ran after the fire-lit sword. Before I could see what they were, the pale dragon stepped in front of my vision with a low growl and reminded me of how much danger I was really in.

    The dragon lunged forward and I backed up - this pattern repeated until I was against a wall with nowhere else to run and cornered by a dragon that had a blast loading in its mouth. It couldn't end like this. It won't end like this. Wait -

"Wait!"

    Much to my surprise, the dragon listened to my plea. They closed their jaws and smoke released from their nostrils. They were so close in proximity that I was certain they could hear my racing heartbeat.

    I looked desperately for a way out. I wasn't able to find one due to how close the dragon was, so I opted on studying them. One thing I noticed; they weren't as angry as before and their nostrils flared repeatedly. 'What are they sniffing for? Do they smell Toothless?'

    I gulped. "Okay.. here we go." I straightened my posture and flinched when the pale fury growled. "If you don't eat me... I'll heal your wounds." I bargained. The fury paused and glanced towards one of their wings.

'Is their wing hurt? What did they do to get this injured?'

    There was a pregnant silence until the dragon backed up. It wasn't much, but I took it as approval. "Oh thank Oden." I slumped in relief before sprinting towards the cave entrance - after grabbing my sword from the baby dragons so I would be able to see. "I'll be back!"

━†☓☯☓†━

    It took a while for Hiccup to return, but when he did the dragons had already retreated to the back of the cave. Both of the pups were sleeping. Blacklight was laid on the adult dragon's side and Coalcap was cuddled into the latter's chest. The pale dragon's eyes were closed and Hiccup deflated at the thought of having to leave them so soon.

    But when the dragon's eyes opened and he was met with (E.C) eyes a burst of joy flew through him. He couldn't help the smile that grew on his face. Hiccup bounded over and forgot the dragon he was about to help was wild and unpredictable.

    He kneeled in front of the dragon and worked his magic. The dragon would give him parts of himself that were injured and the human would treat them. Of course, Hiccup could only touch the injuries on the dragon's legs but it was better than nothing.

    When he was finished, Hiccup scoot back and gave the dragons their space. The larger dragon set their head down and closed its eyes, so Hiccup could only assume they were asleep. Being so far from the warm creatures that were sharing their cave with them made him realize how cold it was without having Toothless there to cuddle up to.

    With a shiver, Hiccup curled into a ball and pulled his fur coat closer to himself to try and preserve the warmth. The albino dragon noticed the small human's shivering and thought to himself.

Humans are always described as wearing another animal's fur. Maybe they wear it for warmth and not as a trophy... He doesn't have much of it. Perhaps he's weak.

Do I help him?

...He helped me.

.

.

.

    The dragon huffed to gain the attention of the human before lifting his wing to invite him closer. Hiccup stayed in his spot with a perplexed look on his face until the dragon grunted, unhappy with his slow pace.

    Hiccup scrambled closer until he was sitting next to the dragon, but hesitated to bask in its warmth. He never realized how much bigger the dragon was until he came closer.

    After reassuring himself multiple times, Hiccup gave in and melted into the dragon. "I can't wait to introduce you to Toothless.." Hiccup sighed. "He'll be so happy."

Another human? Good grief.

[𝑾𝒐𝒓𝒅 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒕] 1,167

━†☓☯☓†━