35. Telling me with flowers

Start from the beginning

"Ah, perks of being in love." Amber muttered, placing her face on her palm as she sat in front of me, smiling at my revelations.

For a moment, I stood motionless. Love?

Wasn't love complex? An untamed force, making us blind to the reality? Was I blind to the reality when I was with Miles?

But it was with him that I saw things more clearly, more positively. He was the one to help me cross the bridge between my past and present. With him, it makes me feel like I can be happy again and all that made me sad, took background letting me enjoy the moment.

Last night, when I saw him look at me, as he kissed me like I was the air that he needed, I was a goner. Perhaps, I had fallen in love with him already.

If love was complex and untamed force, I wanted it, only because the person holding all the tangible other end of the lines was Miles. With him by my side, all my missing pieces seemed to fall in place. If it was a battle, then I wanted to win it. For him.

"I think so." I said, imitating Amber's position. "I love Miles, Amb." I had become hysterical. "I love him. God, it feels so good to put it out."

Amber laughed. "Thank God, I thought you would never realize it!" Amber pulled me into a hug. "You deserve all that, Megan. Everything. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise."

I nodded my head at her, still grinning from ear to ear. "I'm going to tell him today. I'll leave early, make him a proper dinner, you know. Or better yet, I'll tell him on Valentines!"

"Steady, darling." Amber said, teasing me, making me roll my eyes at her. "You should take a deep breath sometimes."

"Shut up." I said.

"I need to go and do all the deliveries, now." She checked her watch. "Is there anything you want me to do before I head out?"

"Nothing, I'll take care of it here." I smiled. "And thanks for everything."

"As long as you name one of your kids as Amber, you are welcome." Amber winked at me, before she headed out. "I've already loaded the car, I'll text you if there is anything."

"Okay." I nodded my head, ignoring her words about kids, before I sat on the work table to design a new bouquet. I already had a sketch made a few days ago and I hadn't found the time to put it in action.

I sat silently, putting on a soothing song as I bent over to do the work. I had chosen gladiolas for this, placing the flower along with it's leaves to give it a natural look. My new design consisted only of a single flower surrounded by it's natural leaves. It looked simple, but it didn't fail to stand out from the others.

With the Valentines day around the corner, I had aimed at all kinds of customers. School kids, college studs and even corporate guys. I had used the longer leaves to braid it to form a bouquet. That also meant, I was using less plastic this year.

As evening turned around, I had already sold a dozen of those. With only two more days to Valentines and with my cheap prices, I wasn't surprised. As the demands were increasing, the need to make the bouquets also had gone up.

I had turned the corner of the shop for making only such bouquets. I sat on the ground, rather on the chair as I braided the leaves together. Though it seemed simple enough, I was adamant in getting all the intricate details on them.

I wondered if Miles would love these bouquets if I gave one to him on Valentines. Of course, I would make it special for him and get the best designs out. I smiled, thinking about his reaction to it.

As I sat there, robotically moving from one bouquet from another, there was a chime in the front door. Since I was at the final stages of finishing the one at hand, I lifted my head towards the door a little too late.