Chapter 4 ----- Male God

Start from the beginning

Su Ling was surprised, so powerful? He felt quite relieved and asked in a low voice, "Is this President Gu’s background solid?"

Nalu nodded, "Very."

Su Ling smiled and looked at Gu Liheng, "I can rent it to you, but apart from the Redthorn Ball, you have to take care of the other two plants as well."

This way, he will save a lot of money! Su Ling couldn’t be happier, the spiritual plant that could catch this big President Gu’s attention is obviously not any ordinary treasure. If he took it back to the store today, he is afraid it will cause a lot of trouble. Temporarily storing it at President Gu’s side is obviously the right choice.

Gu Liheng: "No problem, you can just tell me how much you want for the rent."

In his heart, Su Ling is treating President Gu as a free storage place, so he was embarrassed to mention the rent. "No need for rent, it’s fine provided you can keep them safe, and I can come to see them at any time. Also, if I can take them back anytime."

A hint of surprise flashed through Gu Liheng's eyes.

Nalu tugged his sleeve, and Su Ling turned to look at him, "What's wrong?"

Nalu lowered his voice, "Do you know the price of Grade A spiritual plant’s raw materials?"

Su Ling was not very clear, but he does know that it is expensive. He questioned Nalu back, "Do you know any A-level spiritual plant specialist?"

It is not easy to collect raw materials of Grade A spiritual plants. Even Grade A spiritual plant specialists may not be able to take it successfully.  Their pheromone needs to be compatible with the spiritual plant too.

Nalu was choked by the question, and whispered, "You have a high affinity with them, maybe you can collect it? Many spiritual plant’s raw materials are renewable and can be harvested every day; hence just a day could earn you a lot of money!"

Su Ling thought about it and added a point to Gu Liheng, "You have to promise that I can take someone to see the plants at any time." If the price of the raw materials is higher than hiring a Grade A spiritual plant specialist, he can always hire one and still earn the money, after it’s proven that he cannot do it himself.

Although they were whispering to each other, the rest of the people in the room were all Alphas. Their five senses were much stronger than them, so their words were heard entirely.

Gu Liheng: "I agreed to your request. You have already helped me a lot by renting it to me, but I still have to pay the rent. Other than the Redthorn Ball's liquid, the Pearl Lopseed's nectar and Golden Baby's breath stem, I will let people collect it every day and give it to you."

Su Ling was pleased, it’s like ‘being given a pillow when you are sleepy’. But soon he realized that he and Nalu were probably overheard. He smiled brightly to conceal his embarrassment, "That's great, you are really a good tenant."

Gu Liheng's eyes stopped for a moment on his face and said, "It's you who asked for less." He had seen too many people doing ‘price gouging’ in business. When he caught the scent of Redthorn Ball, he was ready to lose big money, but he didn't expect to achieve his goal so easily.

Su Ling smiled, "We can sign a contract now, then you can take them away."

Gu Liheng tapped open his bracelet and asked his secretary to draft a contract. After that, he exchanged contact information with Su Ling and forwarded the fingerprint-certified contract to Su Ling.

After Su Ling read it, he pressed his fingerprint on the holographic screen. His gaze drifted to the name of the signature column beside, and he silently sighed. The words were beautiful, and they looked elegant and floaty, they must have been specially designed by someone. However, the signature was not easy to read, the Gu character was relatively clear to read, but what is the next character behind? Li? He stared for a few seconds before recognizing the last word as Heng. So President Gu’s name turned out to be Gu Liheng... Gu Liheng!

Su Ling looked up sharply at the man. This man’s name is exactly the same as his imaginary male god! His heart is beating fast, the same world setting, the same name. Did he(SL) really transmigrate into that novel?

In that novel, the cannon fodder shou has offended many people in order to chase the protagonist gong. Later, to take refuge, he married the male god with a strong background. In fact, Su Ling’s male god is only equivalent to a background character in the novel.  The purpose why the author created him is to enhance the ability of the cannon fodder shou and increase the obstacles between the gong and shou protagonist.

His male god didn’t have many scenes and only appeared more in other people’s talk. However, just those few times was enough to make Su Ling a fan. Although his male god didn’t like the cannon fodder shou, he has always born the responsibility of his partner and was very reliable. Su Ling keeps telling himself that such a person don’t exist in the real world and that the author only created him to increase the cannon fodder shou’s power. Still, Su Ling was attracted. No love, yet no abandonment; no intimacy, but the responsibility won’t be pushed away. It seems that no matter what happens, he is always there, very powerful.

Many times while reading the novel, Su Ling was very envious of the cannon fodder shou. Every time the cannon fodder shou seek death by doing something stupid, he really wanted his male god to divorce him, but until his male god was killed by the cannon fodder shou’s stupidity, he(GLH) has never filed for divorce.

The protagonist of the novel once asked his male god about it.

His male god's answer was, he remembers very clearly - "Since I married him, he is my responsibility for life."

Su Ling was heartbroken by this sentence. He had seen too many separations and deeply yearned for a stable relationship.

Su Ling looked at Gu Liheng and blurted out, "Are you married?"

Gu Liheng was stunned. Everyone was stunned. It was too suggestive for an Omega to ask an Alpha this question. And they are not in a private setting! Gu Liheng's eyes fell on Su Ling face, trying to probe Su Ling’s intention for asking that question. He replied, "No."

Su Ling then asked, "How old are you?"

As he asked that, Su Ling tried to recall how old was his male god when he gets married in the novel. Thinking back and forth, it seems that it was not explicitly mentioned. He only remembers that the cannon fodder shou was 19 years old and a freshman. On the other hand, it seems that something about the difference between the two was mentioned somewhere as well, which is nearly 10 years old. If this Gu Liheng is really his male god, then he should probably be around 29.

Nalu felt that the current situation is not right, he quickly caught Su Ling's shoulders and said, "How can you ask this question!"

Gu Liheng stayed firmly at the top of the ranking for aged single Alpha. Many people talked about it during the last 2 years, and there were many not-so-good speculations circulating. The media that caused the rumours has collapsed and was taken over by the Gu Corporation. No one talked about President Gu's single in old age anymore. One needs to know, there are very few excellent Alphas who are still unmarried after graduation, let alone finding one exceeded age 25.

Su Ling: "Is there any reason why I can't ask?" When he answered that question, he was looking at Gu Liheng.

Gu Liheng's expression did not change at all, "28, is this related to renting the spiritual plant?"

Su Ling shook his head, "It's nothing, you..." He took a deep breath, "Do you know someone named Zhao Qi?"

Zhao Qi is the cannon fodder shou in the novel!