The Emissary from the capital

Start from the beginning

"Care to have some tea, Sir-" asked Subaru as he reached the man and offered the cup of tea on the tray he was carrying while asking for his name.

"Wilhelm Van Astrea a butler at the Karsten Manor and I would certainly be pleased to accept the offer" said Wilhelm as he took the cup from the tray and took a sip from it.

'It's the sword demon himself, Crusch Karsten sure has some famous people in her camp.' thought Subaru

"It's delicious" complimented Wilhelm taking another sip.

"This is the best tea in the mansion, if a certain maid finds about this she will kill me." said Subaru while laughing.

"Then what do you get out of this Sir-" asked Wilhelm while asking his name as well.

"Subaru Natsuki, Emilia-sama's knight, nothing just keeping you company" said Subaru the former with pride in his voice.

"The road you are taking is a hard one, Sir Subaru you understand that she could be the queen in the future." said Wilhelm mentioning how close he seemed to Emilia and how his eyes showed his devotion when he looked at her. (He is not a simp in this fic though.)

"We are just friends and lady to knight for now, when you proposed to your wife you must have thought that she was the most beautiful girl in the world" replied Subaru the former with a thoughtful expression.

"My wife,...Yes, indeed you are correct" replied Wilhelm with a short pause.

"Sorry to keep you waiting,Old man Wil" interrupted a cute voice. Subaru looked towards the direction of the voice to see someone with cat ears and a female outfit.

'I guess, The Blue really dresses like a girl, If I hadn't read about him I would have totally have been fooled and thought he was a girl' thought Subaru making a disgusted expression at the later.

"Oh, you must be Emilia-sama's knight Subaru Natsuki correct?" asked Felix

"Yes, you are correct" answered Subaru.

"I am Felix Crusch-sama's knight, nice to meet you" said Felix with adding Nyan here and there and bowing a little while getting closer to him than needed and inspecting him . (I am not going to replicate his speech pattern, its annoying.)

"Likewise" replied Subaru while bowing in return not very comfortable with how close he was.

"Old Man Wil let's head back" said Felix as he boarded the carriage and Wilhelm sat in the driver seat and ordered the ground dragons to move but not before saying thank you for the tea.

/Time-skip at the lunch table/

"Emilia-sama,Subaru-k~un and Rem will be heading to the capital toworro~w for the royal selection meeting." said Roswall sitting in his usual position with Ram and Rem standing on his either side, nobody made a comment on it and everyone just nodded.

"Rem is my uniform ready?" asked Subaru to Rem was standing behind Roswall.

"Yes, I will deliver it to you after lunch,Subaru-kun" replied Rem with a smile.

When lunch was over they started packing and when the next day came Emilia and Subaru were standing at the mansion gate waiting for Rem who was bring the carriage. Subaru was wearing his knight uniform which was mostly the same as the royal knights with some minor changes and and the royal crest replaced with the mathers crest and his sword rested on the belt he wore. Emilia was wearing her normal clothing which was the same type of clothes she wore in the capital with a few minor changes.

(I am not good at describing clothes)

Rem arrived shortly after in a carriage which Subaru boarded first and helped Emilia in like a knight. The ride to the capital was a quiet one, they reached the capital and checked in at an inn. Subaru and Emilia decided to head out as Emilia had some business at the guard station while Rem stayed behind to clean their rooms and maybe did something more cleaning than  necessary in Subaru's room.