Chapter 1

It was a new day, a start to a new story.

The sun was slowly rising from the horizon, peaking through the hills. It's light bleeding through the patches of forests. The birds sang a beautiful tune, chirping as the leaves of the trees rustle against each other. The golden rays that slipped through the trees made it's way to the river, hitting its reflective surface and creating a blinding reflection. The grass swayed lazily as the wind gently blows, a kind and gentle breeze.

It was a beautiful sight to see. Simple, but simple was enough. At least, it was enough for Ziel.

It was an ordinary day for Ziel. She was sweeping through the small cottage her parents had left her in. She didn't know what had happened to her parents, one day they just went into the forest and disappeared. 

The day they disappeared, she waited at the front of the cottage.

Hours had become days.

Days had become weeks.

Weeks had become months,

and months had become years.

...

After the first three days of waiting, the realization dawned on her that her parents will not be coming back. They didn't leave her any notes, didn't even left her food. So she had to learn how to hunt and search for food by herself.

Ever since they left her, she had a burning hatred for them. She started burning all of their family photos and erased any trace of their existence in the cottage. She had changed the house and made it her own.

Though, that was five years ago. Now Ziel is almost an adult.

In appearance, she looks like a tired teenager with long brown messy hair and brown, almost amber eyes. She stands at 5 foot and 4 inches tall, usually wearing a green camo hoodie with a black t-shirt inside and black trousers. She also wears black shoes with a lime green tongue and a white sole, but she only wears them (the shoes) if she leaves the cottage.

She thought of how it would be if her parents hadn't left her. She would probably still be the same lazy girl who always sat next to the river throwing rocks out of pure boredom while she waits for her mother to cook dinner. She chuckled bitterly at the thought as she continued to sweep the dusty wooden floor. That is until a bright light blinded her vision, interrupting her. She snapped out of her thoughts and looked at the perpetrator while covering her line of sight with her right hand, fingers half-closed.

The sun had risen, a bright light glaring at her through the windows, disrupting her peaceful moments. She stared back at the sun with an annoyed look, glaring at it as if it would do anything. After a small staring contest with the sun, she threw the broom to the side and sighed deeply. She knew she had to go fishing at sunrise, it was her daily routine after all.

She reluctantly went to the front door, laying her eyes on a cloak hanging on a metal hook. The cloak's color was maroon, with two gold-colored eyelets on the hoodie and a maroon ribbon connecting the two eyelets. She immediately took it off of the metal hook and headed outside while slipping on her shoes. She grabbed a fishing pole that leaned against a large oak tree and wore the maroon cloak she was holding.

Ziel usually took off at sunrise, going downstream to catch some bass because she had learned that the fish are active during the early morning.