UNSAID| ACT L

EXT. RIKUGI-EN GARDEN — EARLY AFTERNOON

SAKUSA and KOYAMA walked side by side, their hands grazed past each other once in a while, but neither dared to hold the other's hand.

The brunette was awestruck by the scenery of green leaves turning orange, or yellow, or red, depending on what kind of tree it was.

KOYAMA looked up at the sky, and she spun, once, twice, three times, until she had traveled a few feet away from SAKUSA. The girl stopped underneath the shadow of a tree with beautiful light brown tree bark, and falling green leaves that were tainted with yellow splotches of color.

KOYAMA
Yamanoue no Okura
wrote a tanka poem after
his shortest choka poem.

KOYAMA
It goes something like
this: what are they to
me,
silver, or gold, or
jewels ?
how could they ever
equal
the greater treasure
that
is a child?
They can not.

KOYAMA
(Knocks on wood).
What do you think he
meant? Not that I could
understand, I don't even
have kids yet.

SAKUSA
You don't have to
have a kid to
understand.

KOYAMA was startled out of her pensive state of mind.

KOYAMA
(Surprised)
You heard that?

SAKUSA
I did.

SAKUSA
I'm sorry to have
interrupted your
wonderful conversation
with the tree.

KOYAMA
(Flustered)
At least the
tree doesn't
bully me.

SAKUSA
If it could,
I know it would.

SAKUSA watched with amusement as KOYAMA turned bright red and crossed her arms. The brunette turned away from him, and started to walk toward the bridge that crossed over emerald green waters. The sight of KOYAMA's retreating figure reminded SAKUSA of the fragility of their friendship.

She walked into his life unexpectedly, and she could walk out of it just as easily. Although, he was sure she wouldn't be doing that anytime soon, the continuous prick of doubt at the back of his mind made him feel cautious.

KOYAMA
(Breathing heavily).
Sakusa! Are you alright?

KOYAMA
I was calling your name,
but you weren't answering.

SAKUSA
You did?
Sorry about that.

KOYAMA
It's alright.

The roommates walked toward the bridge, this time, side by side once again. At the halfway point, KOYAMA left SAKUSA's side to approach the edge and admire the reflections of the trees in the water. SAKUSA on the other hand admired KOYAMA's childlike expression of euphoria.

SAKUSA admired the way KOYAMA's hair framed her face, and how she gently tucked her hair behind her ears. Her nose was tinted a light pink from the cold. The brunette pulled out a cherry flavored lip balm, and carefully applied it to her lips.

SAKUSA suddenly grew nervous as he felt the urge to spill his feelings for her right there and then. How could he not when she looked this gorgeous? The raven was having a mental breakdown.

Suddenly, he was brought out of his thoughts as he felt a hand trailing down his arm, and then, curling around his wrist. KOYAMA's fingers weren't long enough to completely wrap around his wrist, so he was left internally melting at this discovery. SAKUSA was beyond flustered, but KOYAMA didn't realize this, since she couldn't read his expression due to the mask covering the lower half of his face.

All the brunette could see was SAKUSA's furrowed brows, and that usually meant that something was bothering him.

KOYAMA
(Worried)
Sakusa...

KOYAMA
I know what
you're trying to
do, but if you do—

SAKUSA
(Silvery voice)
I have to confess,
at first, I brought
you here because I
wanted to cheer you
up, but now I want
this to be a date.

KOYAMA
(Blushing).
A date?!

KOYAMA
I—
Really?

SAKUSA
Only if you
want it to be.

KOYAMA
(Shy)
I'd like that.
It's a date then.