Chapter 44

Lin Yuzhen pouted and looked a little guilty.

“Good for me.”

These words made Lin Yuzhen want to smack him.

“You’re keeping a record of everything I’ve spent on this family because you intend to return the amount to me?”

“I’ll work hard and return you bit by bit.”

Lin Yuzhen didn’t say this very loudly, and it was obvious she wasn’t too confident of accomplishing this.

That was her initial intention, but while Jiang Ning’s purchases started small, the two cars he bought added up to a million dollars, and her head started to hurt.

Then he started spending more and more, and it was probably more than what she could earn in her entire lifetime.

“Anyway, I will try my best! Also, don’t simply spend money on my family anymore, ok?”

Lin Yuzhen looked pitifully at Jiang Ning because she really couldn’t afford to return this sort of money.

“I didn’t waste any money. I didn’t buy you anything today either.”

“You…I won’t spend your money!”

Lin Yuzhen scoffed. Jiang Ning really hadn’t bought anything for her. Somehow she felt like Jiang Ning was Su Mei and Lin Wen’s son, and she was more like their daughter-in-law now.

She ignored Jiang Ning and continued to write down Jiang Ning’s expenses carefully into her notebook.

She would return all of it anyway, and if she really couldn’t repay everything…did she have to use herself to pay him back?

“If you want to return me the money, then you really have to work hard.”

Jiang Ning wasn’t joking now. “Speed up things at the factory and finish everything within the next month. Once everything is fixed up, prepare to get busy.”

“If you continue to work hard like this, you might be able to return me this money very soon.”

Lin Yuzhen turned and looked at Jiang Ning. “That’s the Lins’ assets, so even if it makes money it won’t be mine.”

“It won’t be soon.”

There was a bright flash in Jiang Ning’s eyes, and Lin Yuzhen couldn’t help but freeze. She didn’t understand what Jiang Ning was talking about at all.

……

At the hot spring clubhouse.

Hei Hu had been carried back, and his men got a doctor to perform emergency surgery for several hours, but he couldn’t save Hei Hu’s legs.

Hei Hu lay on the bed, his face extremely swollen, his jaw fractured. He couldn’t say a single word and could only use his nose to snort.

“Who beat my brother into this state? WHO!”

A man with a strong resemblance to Hei Hu stood by his bed, but he was of even bigger build compared to Hei Hu.

When he had heard that something had happened to Hei Hu, Hei Long immediately rushed over from Shengcheng.

He’d never thought that there would be someone in Donghai who would dare to touch his younger brother!

“It’s one of Huang Yuming’s,” one of the subordinates replied nervously.

They knew that Hei Hu could be this arrogant in Donghai because his elder brother, Hei Long, was very powerful in Shengcheng, so nobody in Donghai dared to offend Hei Hu.

“Huang Yuming?”

Hei Long raised a thick eyebrow. “This piece of shit dared to touch my brother!”

Huang Yuming was someone who had come up in recent years and he had barely rooted himself. But he had dared to create such big trouble in Donghai already.

Hei Long had never been very bothered about the illegal circles in Donghai, because they were way smaller and less cruel compared to Shengcheng. So he allowed Hei Hu to continue doing whatever he wanted in Donghai, but he never thought Hei Hu would be thrashed like this.

His two legs were now paralyzed and would never stand again!

“Brother Long, that guy can really fight.” The subordinate finally spoke up after some hesitation.

Hei Long turned around and glared at him with a cold and murderous stare.

He could really fight?

There were plenty of people who could really fight, but so what?

Anyone who dared to touch his brother had to die!

“Looks like a lot of people have forgotten what sort of person I am after I stopped appearing in Donghai. They even dare to injure my brother now.”

He had a cold smile and a fierce expression, making the subordinate next to him shudder in fear.

Hei Hu was merely greedy for money, but Hei Long was an extremely violent character.

He had become notorious for being vicious more than a decade ago, becoming the most vicious gangster in Donghai. He was then picked by someone to expand his territory in Shengcheng.

Apparently his standing in Shengcheng’s illegal circles was also very high. He had come back this time to stand up for Hei Hu, and all of the underground circles in Donghai would be trembling in fear now.

“Tell Huang Yuming, bring 50 million here within the next three days and kneel down and apologize, otherwise he’s dead meat!”

“Got it!”

The news spread through all of Donghai’s illegal circles, and shocked many.