Ch 19- A baby boy.

Winter break was right around the corner when Mare was eating dinner at the Gryffindor table.

She does that a lot lately she just wanted to sit with her friends instead of sitting alone at the Slytherin table. She new Cissy was there but she was sitting with her friends.

"Mare."

"Mare!" Marlow whipped her head up to see Alice waving a hand in her face which Mare caught.

"Ouchy." Mare let go of Alice's hand.

"Sorry Alice." Marlow looked down. Going back in thought of how this winter break is going to be. Every year she feels like this now. This rock in her chest that feels like she can't breathe.

"Put that thing away Peter." She looked up to see James grabbing something rectangle and silver.

"What is that?" Lily asked.

"It's called a recorder. So I can record anything I say. Like this." He takes the recorder from James putting it towards his mouth and presses a button.

"This is Peter Pettigrew age thirteen and right now I am with my friends." He presses the button again as all them have there faces in awh as the recorder plays back his voice.

"That's brilliant!" James exclaims. 

"I agree it really is." Marlene agrees as she spots a owl coming near Mare, "Hey Mare where you expecting mail?"

"Uh no why?" Just then the letter drops in front of her.

 All of her friends looked towards her in curiosity. Considering the fact that she never gets letters from her family anymore. She picks up the letter and stares at it.

"Well are you going to open it up Mare?" Remus asks. She looks up towards him not hiding her worry in her eyes. She then felt a hand on hers.

"Hey just open it I bet it's nothing." Marlene lingered her hand on Mare's. She nodded then Marlene took her hand off of Mare's as she started opening the letter.

Dear Marlow,

Mother didn't want to write to you about the news but your my sister and deserve to know.

And I think you would be delighted to know your an aunt to another baby boy. I had a son and his name is Charlie. 

I cant wait for you to meet him this winter break! Bill is excited to see you as well.

I love you and miss you

-Molly

"I'm an aunt." Mare spoke looking up from the letter that was short and sweet.

"Wow that's great Mare! Aren't you excited?" Sirius spoke noticing the girl didn't have a smile on her face.

"Yeah, yeah. She's already had a son named Bill." She gave a small smile towards him. She remembers when Bill was born and how she was barely acknowledged. She was happy for Molly. She really was. She just also knew this meant her mother was going to be a pain in the ass all winter break, "Lets just get to class." 

So they did all getting up and walking to transfiguration. As always Minnie was in her cat form sitting on her desk.

"Minnie! Hey my fav teach." James made a clicking noise with his mouth sitting down and you can physically see the cat roll her eyes at James. At that she transformed into Minnie.

Making all the students make noises of awh at the Animagus as always.

"I don't get paid enough for this." Minnie speaks as she goes behind her desk making the girls look at each other and laugh.

"Oh come on Minnie you know you love us!" Remus says speaking up. Remus has been becoming more talkative lately. It's really nice to see him happier.

"Love is a strong word Lupin." Minnie then spots Mare.

"Marlow I heard about Molly congratulations on becoming an aunt!" Minnie smiles towards the girl as Mare gives a small smile back.

"Thank you Minnie." McGonigal rolls her eyes at the nickname but deep down she loves it none the less.

Oh how Mare was dreading winter break, once again.