Chapter Eleven: Date Nights

Start from the beginning

"Got it. No funny business and no JJ. Understood,". Laura eyed the both of them suspiciously before unlocking the door to her home and pulling it open. "I'm trusting you, boys. Don't make me regret it,". Jordan and Spencer both shook their heads. "You won't. We'll be right here all night. Isn't that right Dillon?" Jordan asked. Spencer held up his phone when Dillon shook his head. "That's right,". Dillon smiled on the other end. Laura softened her expression. "Okay, okay. Goodnight boys,". "Goodnight mom, goodnight Mrs. Baker," The boys said in sync. Closing the door Jordan sighed a relief. Grinning from ear to ear. "One down one to go,".

Dillon shook his head on the other end of the line. "Oh, mom and Mrs. Baker are so going to kill you guys. But when she does you think I can have your PS5 J?". Jordan forced out a laugh shaking his head. "That's a negative,". Dillon shrugged his shoulders. "Well it was worth a try. You guys have time for another game. Best two out of three?". Jordan looked at his watch half listening.

"Again D. I wish we could but the girls are going to be here any minute. Thanks again for the help. I owe you,". Dillon stuck out his hand as if he'd been waiting on some money to fall into it. "Listen, the new Fortnite skin came out tonight and I need to cop it. Also, who says I'm going to lie to my momma and Mrs. Baker for free? I accept Venmo, Cash App, and cash. Choose your poison. Every lie has its price. So what's yours?". Dillon grinned from ear to ear waiting for an answer.

Jordan looked back at Spencer who just shook his head. "I ain't going to lie, the kids got game. He hustled us,". Jordan groaned taking out his phone. "Fine, fine,". Dillon's eyes widened hearing a cash register sound coming from his phone seeing how much Jordan paid him. "Remind me to school you more often J. At this rate, you can pay for my first year of college. When you wanna go on a date next?". Spencer laughed while Jordan waved at Dillon.

"Goodnight D. Don't spend it all in one place,". Dillon giggled already buying accessories for his character in the game. "Too late! Ayo Spence. Where are you and Liv going? Can I join? Come through and pick me up!" Dillon called out. Spencer shook his head. "Not tonight D. Maybe next time,". Dillon groaned. "Fine. Promise?". It had already been hard to say no to his baby brother, and it had been even harder when Dillon would give him those puppy dog eyes. Spencer caved every time and this time wouldn't be different. 

"Yeah, sure. We'll take you to the movies next week. How does that sound?" Spencer asked. Dillon nodded in agreement. "If only I get to pick the movie,". Spencer smiled giving his brother a nod. "I'll even let you pick out your favorite candy,". Dillon got overly excited. "Done! Now go have fun on your dates and my lips are sealed," Dillon zipped his mouth shut and threw the imaginary key away. "Alright D, I gotta go. Goodnight. Don't stay up too late now,". Dillon sighed before saying goodnight and hanging up.

Putting the phone in his back pocket Spencer noticed the lights turned down low, a few candles crackling in the living room and the romantic music over the speaker. Spencer scrunched his face when he saw Jordan pass by holding a tray of chocolate-covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne. Spencer softly laughed walking towards Jordan.

"You know I love you J but I don't know if I love you this much,". Jordan shot a glare at Spencer who held in his laughter. "Shut up Spence. This isn't for you. It's for Simone. You think she'll like it?". A hint of nerves was heard in his voice when Spencer squeezed his best friend's shoulder. "You know I would say yes, but I don't think she'll even notice with how busy you both will be,". Jordan groaned annoyed. "You're not helping,". Spencer shook Jordan's shoulder. "J you're overthinking this. This is like your thousandth date. You'll be fine,". Jordan sighed knowing it'd been true.

"Yeah I know. It's just every date still feels like the first. Do you get like that with Olivia?". Spencer nodded. "All the time. Even when I look at her I feel like it's my first day back at Beverly all over again. You got nothing to worry about J, Simone's going to love it,". Jordan hoped Spencer had been right and before he could check his list that he had everything ready, the doorbell rang notifying them that someone had been at the door.

Opening the door, Jordan was immediately embraced by Simone who hugged him tightly. Taken aback, he was caught by surprise for a second until collapsing into her embrace. "I missed you too," Jordan smiled warmly. Wrapping his arms around her kissing her cheek while she giggled in his embrace.

"We needed this. Thank you for thinking of this. Baby you don't know how stressful this past week had been. I'm just ready to unwind and relax,". Jordan agreed still locked in her embrace. "Reason's why I got all your favorites. Champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries. My baby deserves the best, and only the best she'll get,". Simone hummed loving every word. Spencer walked past them squeezing Jordan's shoulder. "As I said J you got nothing to worry about,".

"Have fun tonight!" Simone winked waving to Spencer who'd already been out the door. Jordan forced out a cough making Spencer stop in his tracks. Turning around Jordan pointed right at him. "No funny business you hear me?". Spencer laughed shaking his head. "Got it no funny business. Should I say the same for the both of you?". Jordan yelled goodnight before closing the door.

Spencer heard a burst of giggles coming from inside the house when the music grew louder. He smiled shaking his head placing his hands in his pockets before walking down the steps and to Olivia's car. Parked just in front of the home there stood Olivia leaning against her car dressed all in black. Her hair was pulled back half up half down only leaving a few curly strands to frame her face. A smile grew on Spencer's lips slowing to a stop just a few feet away from her. Olivia matched his smile when his eyes traveled south noticing they'd subconsciously coordinated their outfits.

"Either we hang out too much or about to go rob a place?" Spencer asked. Olivia let out a laugh closing the space between them. She hugged him softly trying to not irritate his healing ribs. Wrapping her arms around his neck she pulled away enough to see his gorgeous smile that always captivated her. "I'm going to go with option A. Orange is so not my color,". Spencer laughed. "I love how that's what you think about when going to prison,". Olivia shrugged. "Spence have you seen me wear orange? I'm telling you it doesn't look good on me,". Spencer shook his head. "I'm going to agree to disagree,". Olivia caressed his cheek, leaning in, she brushed her lips against his. "Good answer,". She whispered kissing his lips tenderly.

"So, do you have any suspicions on where we are going?" Olivia asked. Spencer shook his head. "Not a clue. You did leave with Simone for a couple of hours so I'm guessing she helped you set up this date or you went shopping,". Even under the moonlight, and the dim neighborhood they were in, Spencer could see the heat that rose in her cheeks, told him he'd been correct. "Maybe a bit of both," Olivia shyly confessed. 

"You know Simone and I love a good sale. And the three woodwick candles were buy one get one half off. So we just had to stop by and grab a few,". Spencer shook his head smiling. "How many are in your candle collection now?". Olivia shooed him away. "That's beside the point. Are you ready to go? Don't want to be late,". Spencer scrunched his eyebrows now more than ever confused. "Late for what?" he asked. Reaching into her pocket she pulled out a sleep mask. 

"You'll see but first I need you to put on this,". "A blindfold? You know we don't do good in the dark. We've all seen those scary movies," Spencer widened his eyes. Olivia softly laughed placing the sleep mask over his eyes. Running her hands along the sides of his face she placed another kiss on his lips. 

"Spence stop being a baby. You'll be fine. We'll be there in just a couple of minutes. I just can't have you looking at the road because you'll know exactly where we are going and I need for it to be a surprise,". Spencer's smile grew wanting another kiss. "You know if you keep kissing me like that, you can blindfold me anytime,". Olivia let out a laugh helping him in the car. "Good to know,". With Spencer not being able to see where Olivia was taking him, he now relied on his ears and nose to give him clues along the way.