Plans

Alia POV

I wasn't sure how long I had been out. I vaguely remembered the explosion and Steve's panicked voice as everything had gone black. Steve... As things became a little clearer and I began to wake I could hear hushed voices. I could tell that Steve was close by. I groaned as I began to wake up further and the voices immediately ceased.

"Sweetheart? Alia, can you hear me?" Steve's voice said and I felt pressure on my hand. My eyes fluttered open and I had to blink a few times to clear the blurriness. I turned my head slightly and saw Steve looking down at me, relief written all over his face. It was then that I noticed the throbbing in my head. I lifted my hand up to my head and felt the gauze that was there. I sat up slightly, but Steve put a hand on my shoulder to keep my laying down.

"Hey, don't move too much yet. You have a slight concussion and you need to rest for a while," he said, quietly. 

"What happened?" I asked, closing my eyes again.

"We were at the base and the building we were in, was bombed while we were inside. Do you remember that?" Steve asked, pushing my hair out of my face. I thought for a moment and it came flooding back. The base, Zola's algorithm, Project Insight and...

"HYDRA!" I cried, bolting upright. Steve tried to convince me to lay back down but I wasn't hearing him. The only thing my mind could register was the fact that once again, HYDRA was being thrown into my life. I felt a hand on my other shoulder and I looked over to see my dad standing on my other side. "Dad? What are you doing here?"

"Steve and Natasha called me in to check you over," he said quietly, helping me to sit back against the pillows. "You have a mild concussion and a nasty gash on your head but you'll be ok."

"Ok well that's why my head hurts then," I said, groaning again. Dad and Steve chuckled. "Dad can I talk to Steve for a minute?" He looked over at Steve and nodded. He kissed me on the cheek and then walked out. I turned to Steve and patted the bed next to me. He climbed in and took me in his arms. He sighed as I snuggled into his chest.

"Please stop getting hurt," Steve said. I chuckled. 

"What's wrong Captain?" I asked teasingly. "Can't handle the stress?"

"Oh trust me, I can handle stress. I fought during World War Two, I can handle stress no problem," he replied. "What I can't handle is the thought of losing you. I'm serious Alia. You were out for hours. I was terrified." He held me tighter for a moment and sighed again.

"I'm sorry I worried you," I said, trying to calm him down. "I seriously think that I have an extremely hard head." Steve threw his head back and laughed.

"Oh I know that you have a hard head," he replied, kissing my temple. "It's one of the many things that I love so much about you." I smiled and snuggled closer to him.

"So what is our plan now?" I asked, my smiling fading because I knew that we had to deal with HYDRA and soon. He didn't speak for a minute. 

"We will come up something," he replied. Just then there was a knock on the door, and it opened. Nat walked in and breathed a sigh of relief.

"You scared the shit out of me," she scolded, crossing her arms and glaring at me. I chuckled again.

"I'm sorry," I replied, sitting up slowly. Steve helped me sit up so that I could talk to Nat. "Today has been a hell of a day huh?" She snorted in frustration.

"You got that right," she exclaimed. She sighed and came to sit on the side of the bed. "Listen, I need to get back to SHIELD with your dad. With Fury gone, we are needed there more than ever. And no one knows that I was with you guys for the last few days and I'm going to keep it that way so that your dad and I can continue to try to help. But if I don't get back, they are going to suspect something is up." I nodded at her.