Someone new

The next morning, Steve woke me up before the sun was up. He wanted to go for a run, and I had told him that I would go with him. There were lots of amazing places in D.C. to run and I was excited. I got out of bed and got my running gear on and we headed out the door. 

"Oh no, Captain," I chuckled, walking over and unlocking my car door. "There is somewhere special we are going running today. Get in." He hopped into the passenger seat and I started up the car.

"I absolutely love this car," I groaned in happiness as she started up. I couldn't believe my luck when I had been able to find my 1967 Chevy impala. Steve chuckled and rolled his eyes.

"I still don't see the obsession with this car," he said to me. I pretended to be hurt.

"This car is a classic American treasure and it still runs great!" I cried, looking at him like he was crazy. He chuckled again. 

"Alia, this car is almost as old as your dad," he said, looking at me.

"Don't let him hear you say that," I replied, laughing. He laughed along with me.

"So, where are we going?" he asked. I smirked.

"You'll see," I said. "Have you ever really seen much of Washington D.C.?"

"Not really. I was there a few times during the war, but never really had much of a chance to see much. And since I've been back, things have been too busy for me to really see much. Even with the last two years that we have lived here. It seems like it's been mission after mission since we have been here." I nodded in agreement. After the battle of New York we were given a few weeks off and then SHIELD relocated me to D.C. Steve and I had become a real couple at that point so he decided to join me. A year later, Nat was brought to D.C. as well after a mission of hers went wrong. 

"I can completely agree with that. We are almost there. Don't worry," I said smiling. I pulled into the parking lot and turned off the car. He looked out the window and smiled at me. 

"Ok this I'm excited about," he said chuckling. He pulled me into him and kissed my hair. We got out and looked around us. I had brought him to one of the best tourist attractions in the area: The National Mall. There were tons of monuments to see and I knew that Steve would love it. I stretched for a minute before starting my run while he stood looking around. The sun was barely poking over the horizon and I tried to stifle a yawn into my hand. Steve chuckled at my poor attempt to cover my yawn. 

"Did you even sleep last night?" he asked teasingly.

"A little bit. As a recall, there was a very handsy captain in my bed last night and he made it very difficult to sleep," I teased back, wrapping my hands around his neck. He wrapped his arms around my waist and smirked, pulling me in close.

"Oh really? Hmm well, I'm sure having you in his arms, he just couldn't help himself. I don't blame him," he muttered, bending his head to press his lips against mine. I melted into his touch, my hands roaming from his neck and running down his back. He ran his hands over my face as he nipped my bottom lip between his teeth. I gasped and he used this as an opportunity to plunge his tongue into my mouth. He kissed me feverishly, causing me to moan slightly. He nipped my bottom lip again and pulled back, a smirk on his lips.

"If we don't get going on that run, I don't know how much longer I can control myself, sweetheart," he whispered against my mouth.

"Well you know, we don't really need to go for a run today," I whispered back suggestively. He laughed and pulled away.

"Nope, you aren't getting out of it that easy. Let's go," he said, stepping away from me. I grumbled playfully.

"Oh I will have my way with you later," I told him.