The Base

Immediately, I took out my phone and dialed my Uncle Thor. I needed him to call dad as soon as possible. He picked up the phone after the second ring.

"Little one! How are you?" his voice boomed as he answered. 

"I'm ok, uncle. How is Asia?" I asked, trying to sound as though everything were fine, but knowing that I was doing a crappy job of it.

"Asia is fine. What's wrong little one? I can tell that you are troubled," he replied sounding worried. I sighed.

"There is a lot going on right now and I can't explain a lot of right now, but I need you to do me a favor," I said, quickly.

"Anything little one," he replied.

"I need you to call my dad and tell him that he needs to go to the mall in D.C. and pick up Selene. He will know what you are talking about," I explained.

"I will do this for you as you have asked, dear niece. Do you need me for anything?" he asked.

"No but I appreciate it. Just make that call for me and I will call you as soon as I can ok? I love you uncle," I said, rushing now.

"As I love you little one. I will speak with you again soon," he replied. I nodded and hung up. I threw my phone into the cup holder and put my hands over my face. This was beginning to be too much. 

"Hey you ok?" Steve asked me. I lowered my hands and nodded.

"He wants to help but I can't involve him with this. He's visiting Jane and I don't want to bother him with our problems," I replied. He only nodded. 

"I'm going to close my eyes for a few minutes. I'm still exhausted," I said. 

"Well you have about two and a half hours so I will wake you up if I need to," Steve replied.

"Are you going to be ok to drive?" I asked. 

"Rest sweetheart. You don't have super soldier serum keeping you going like I do," he replied chuckling. I smiled and leaned my seat back a little bit to rest. Nat was sitting in the middle of the back seat staring at Steve. After a while I could feel myself dozing off which was welcome.

***********************************************************************************************

Steve POV

I had been driving for about forty five minutes when I looked over and noticed that Alia was finally resting peacefully. Even before all this, she had been having trouble sleeping and I was wondering if the nightmares were coming back again. I had hoped she would tell me but it was beginning to worry me. I looked at Nat in the rear view mirror noticing that she was staring at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Where did Captain America learn how to steal a car?" she responded, looking at me seriously. I rolled my eyes.

"Nazi Germany," I replied, smirking at the memory of Bucky and I stealing a car for one of our missions. "And we're borrowing, not stealing." 

"Alright I have a question for you," she said suddenly. "Was Alia your first kiss since 1945?" I looked at her in the rear view mirror again. This is what she wanted to know? "You don't have to answer, but I feel like if you don't answer it though, you're kind of answering it you know?"

"Hey I'll have you know, Alia enjoys kissing me. I'm not that bad at it," I scoffed.

"No it's not that you're bad at it, I was just curious," she responded. I was silent for a minute remembering the first time I kissed Alia in that forest when we were chasing after Tony, Thor, and Loki. I smiled remembering the look on her face.