Chapter 15: Till death do us part.

Beginne am Anfang

"What happened?" he asked.

"Someone is spying on us." I rubbed my temples.

"How can you tell?" 

"Think about it. They know every next move of ours and also at the night of the dinner at your place, I swear I saw someone outside."

"What about this shipment though? Xander said he discussed it in his office."

What can be used to listen to people in a closed place where you can't physically be present in without going unnoticed?

"A bug. Someone planted a bug in papa's office." I assumed. "Let's go back home and check." I suggested.

He nodded and we left for the house after informing everyone.

We walked into papa's office silently, tip-toed without making a sound.

I signaled Leo to look around and so did I. I looked below the pile of papers on the desk, below the pen stand, under the ta- FOUND IT!

I quickly smashed it with the back of the gun which I took out from the drawer and pulled the bug out, threw it on the the ground and crushed it completely with my foot.

"I was right!" I squealed in frustration.

"How the hell did this get here?! Let's go check the security room."

We ran to the security room and checked the footage. Wait- am I seeing this right?

"Leo, look." I pointed at the time stamp which abruptly jumped from 10:30 am to 11:15.

"Someone messed with the footage! Ugh!" he groaned.

"Someone fucking broke in while we were all out! I can't believe this!" I banged my hand on the marble table. "Also they are incredibly stupid to do something like this, like did they really think we won't notice?" 

[At Gladius' office] [Nate's pov]

"I knew this Scarlett was of absolutely no use! Couldn't even hide a bug right!" Gladius roared. 

"Okay calm down uncle, now that we have a new plan base, we can start from scratch." I said.

"I always have to do everything in this damn place. God damn it I have just wanted to finish the Caruso clan for god knows how many years now but no one is able to do it! Since you knuckle heads refuse to play along, I'll do it myself, the old fashioned way."

"Excuse me gentlemen." Scarlett cleared her throat, calling the attention towards her.

"What do you want?" Gladius rolled his eyes.

"I forgot to tell you something before." she said. "I had planted two bugs in the house." she smirked.

[Next day]

Back to Azalea:

Emma was discharged from the hospital and she was back all fit, just a little dizzy but that's normal. She immediately wanted to get back to work but we didn't let her. Jay and Emma were staying at ours for the night.

While we were all sitting in the living room, talking about last night. 

"Guys we need to tell you something." I cut in, silencing everyone.

"What is it Giglio?"

"Papa, remember how I asked you where you and Dario discussed the shipment details?"

"Yeah?" he scrunched his brows.

"So, I had a feeling that somebody might've been spying at us." 

"So after Lea told me that, we went back to the house and checked your office." Leo added. "...And we found a bug under your table." he went on.

"What?! Did you check the security room to see who did that?!" Dario exclaimed.

"I'm coming to that. After we found the bug Leo and I went to the security room to check the footage and we saw that the footage was deleted." I sighed.

"Arghh!" Papa raged. "Somebody had the nerve to break into our house and do all this and we didn't even realize!"

"Papa, calm down. I am sure that it's Gladius but I have a feeling that he's not doing this alone. Somebody is helping him do all this."

To be continued...

I hope yall liked this chapter! Gladius has a new plan. Lea found the bug and Scarlett comes in with a surprise. Sheesh. Sorry for the slow updates, I have sm work piled up but anyways, what do you think will happen next? Keep reading to find out ;) ILYSMM xx