Chapter 27: Road Trips

Start from the beginning

"I see you guys were concerned." Jayden says, sarcastically.

"So concerned, man. We stopped eating." Hunter jokes.

"Your mom can really cook. Like I see where you get it from now." Jordan says, acting surprised.

"Gee thanks."

After a couple of minutes we all got in Jordan's car and drove back home. I fell asleep on the way there because car rides make me sleepy.

I woke up on a comfortable bed.

I look around to see Lizzy, Alice and Aurora all staring at me.

Aurora crushes me with one of her bone crushing hugs. I can barely breathe, but I can surely feel the concern.

"Don't fucking wander off in the forest. Even if it is with 'smoking hot blue eyed boy' you hear me!? You're such a dumb idiot sometimes!" She scolds.

"Smoking hot blue eyed boy? Do you mean my brother?" Alice laughs.

"You scared the absolute living shit out of me!" Lizzy says hugging me.

"I'm sorry!!" I say, hugging her back.

"So, mom and dad got pulled into an emergency surgery. But we never told them about you and Jayden's idiotic acts. But they felt terrible leaving you without saying goodbye." Aurora explains.

"You mean 'dad' felt terrible?" I say softly.

Aurora sighs as Alice hands me a glass of water.

"Well I gotta go help our useless boys pack. You don't do anything stupid." Lizzy says, patting my head before walking downstairs.

I nod, laughing as Alice lays down next to me.

"It sucks that you're leaving." Aurora says, laying her head on my shoulder.

"I know." I say, quietly.

"I'll miss you." Aurora says, sadly.

"I'll miss you more. Also please break up with Tristan." I plead.

"Second that!" Alice adds.

"I already did." Aurora says, proudly.

"THANK GOD. YOU DON'T KNOW HOW GLAD I AM!" I yell in happiness.

"I know." Aurora says, rolling her eyes.

A couple hours later, Alice and Aurora help me pack since my foot still hurts. We were all supposed to spend Christmas together, but because my parents got pulled into an emergency surgery we couldn't. So we decided to leave for New York early.

Tristan's dad, who's an orthopedic surgeon, checked my foot and gave me a better cast to wear.

Perks of having family friends who are surgeons.

And parents who are surgeons.

They're just never around.

"You ready to go?" Jayden asks, walking in the room.

"Yup. Xavier took all my bags downstairs, this room is good to go now." I say, sitting up.

He walks over, picking me up gently. Making sure not to hurt my foot.

"I can walk better now." I say, laughing.

"It's fine." He says, closing the door behind us and walking down the stairs.
..........................................................................................

Saying goodbye to Aurora was hard. We spent our entire life together before I had to move away for college. But there's always FaceTime, right?

She also has about year left of highschool. After this semester, she would go onto senior year. And then, she can apply to colleges in New York.