𝙊𝙛𝙛𝙚𝙧

"Hey, are you awake?" I whisper to Dream. I didn't intend on waking him up, but he just turned so i had to say something. Ive been awake for thirty minutes and i cant go back to sleep. "I am now," he says groggily. "Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up," i apologize. 'It's fine, did you need something?" he asks. "No, not really. I can't sleep so i'm just thinking." i say. He rolls over on his back and stares at the ceiling. "What are you thinking about?" He asks. "Noooo, sorry for waking you up, it's nothing." i say. "It's alright, I'm awake now."

"I was just thinking about what i'm gonna do now." I say. "What do you mean now?" "I don't wanna stay in that apartment, but i literally just moved so i don't really have anywhere else to go. I don't want to bother Theo because you know, one bedroom, and i know she has a boyfriend now and i know he'll probably be over here often." I say. We sit in silence for a bit until Dream speaks up. "I'm gonna throw out a crazy idea, but do you wanna come to Florida?" He asks. Do i? DO I?? Hell yeah i do, but i don't want to leave Theo. "But then i'd have to find a new apartment." I say. "No, that's not what i meant ," he says. Yeah, i know what you meant. "I mean like, with me? You don't have to stay for long if you don't want. Th-" "Yeah, ill come." I say cutting him off. "Really?" "Yeah." "Awesome," he grins.

"Do you think everything will be normal now?" I ask. "Probably, he's gone so I don't see why not." He says. "What if i lost my natural minecraft skill and i'm not good at the game anymore?" I jokingly ask. "Then we'd get one of the best to teach you." he says. "You'd get technoblade to teach me???" I joke. "If that's what you want, anything for you." He says. "Anything? You're such a simp,"i say, giving a weak smile. "Only for you."I look at him grin at me. "Are we about to kiss right now?" He says. "First of all, that's my line. Second, it's six in the morning." I say. "Maybe later?" he suggests. "You wanna kiss me so bad, huh. Go back to sleep." i say rolling my eyes.

-guess what, time skip 🤪-

We never went back to sleep, just laid there and talked. "I can't believe you actually said yes." Dream says. "You've said that three times already, are you that shocked that i said yes?" I ask. "So what are we gonna do today?" He asks, dodging my question. "Do we have to go somewhere?" I groan. "I mean, we don't have to if you don't want to but i think you should probably get out because you know," he trails off. He's right though. Nine days inside and all i really want to do is lay down. Maybe it's the influence of the chair. "I guess we can go somewhere, it's probably going to be cold though." I say. "Fine by me, is there an ihop here?" he asks. "Yeah there is." I reply. "Well, get ready! Breakfast's on me." He says.

I get out of bed and grab my backpack. "Get out so I can get dressed." I say and shoo him away. "Okay, okay, you don't have to tell me twice." He says as he gets out of bed. In his boxers. "You didn't bring any pajamas?" I ask. He just shrugs and walks out with his bag.

-TIME SKIP IK YALL HATE ME-

I sat down at a bench in the front of the Ihop while Dream asked for a booth. "Listen, I want to talk to you." He says. "Uh oh, that's never good." I joke. "No seriously." He says. A waiter one up to us with menus and leads us to a small booth. We order our drinks first and he walks away.  "So, serious talk, let's go." I say. He looks at me with a concerned expression and begins to talk. "So i already know what you will say, 'I'm fine, i swear' but are you really? You spent 9 days held hostage and you're acting all happy-go-lucky. So i just want to know, are you actually ok Dei?"

"I don't know." I responded. He stares at me for a second and looks away. "Look, I don't know how I'm supposed to feel. It's all just- a lot and i'm trying not to break down because I know I have no reason to. There's so many other people who have gone through what I did but a thousand times worse, so I can't feel bad for myself." I explain while looking at the menu. The waiter comes back with our drinks and asks if we're ready to order. "Yeah we are." I say. I order and Dream just asks for what I got. The waiter walks away and Dream just stares at me again. "So did that answer your question?" I ask him. "Yeah." We don't talk for a bit and just stare off into space. One of us occasionally stirs our water to fill the silence.