Chapter 14: Thunder In Our Hearts

Warning: this chapter has unwanted kissing/touching of a minor. Please don't read if that will bother you. The safety and comfort of my readers is always important to me 😁.

When he wakes up, he just knows he has broken ribs. Fuck Susanoo, honestly.

"Raiden?" Kaminari looked up. And tears start falling down his face as he stares at his little sister. Arashigami-Agathangelos Amaterasu, was just as beautiful as when he last saw her. Her hair was mostly white, with a black lightning streak running around her head, giving her the appearance of wearing a tiara. Hence, the "Princess" nickname.

She was thin, though, too thin, and had obviously not been sleeping well. Not to mention, tear tracks ran down her cheeks.

"What wrong?" He croaked.

She scowled immediately. "What's wrong? What's wrong?! You have two broken ribs, a stab wound in your shoulder, not to mention you've lost 13 pounds when you were just barely normal weight for your age and height before!"

He winced. Oh, great, she was pissed at him.

She hiccuped and started crying again. "It's been almost a year and this is what you come back to us as!? Where's Susanoo?! If that asshole did this, I'll," she dissolved into wet coughs.

"Amaterasu!" He exclaimed, as two orderlies came in and put a breathing apparatus over her face. She struggled, but they held her down. He watched, heartbroken to see his sister like this. While she'd never been the strongest physically, her health had taken a drastic turn when Susanoo had gotten them involved with the League. She was in no state to be fighting anyone, much less their abusive older brother.

After she'd calmed down and started breathing correctly, the orderlies went away and she was able to take off the mask. "You need to conserve your energy," he chastised gently, "don't get so worked up."

"Fuck that," she said plainly. "I'll get worked up if I want to, especially if it's over my favorite brother being hurt by my other brother. What happened?"

He knew he could never get away with lying to her or playing it off as nothing, so he told her everything. From waking up that morning, to getting broken ribs on behalf of his brother. She cried as he told her about being stabbed in the shoulder.

"Oh, Raiden, I'm so sorry," she gently hugged him, careful not to hurt his ribs. "It's not your fault mom and dad died, I don't know why he thinks it is."

"It is my fault," he argued, "if I had just stayed away, then–"

"They probably would've killed them anyway," she finished. "He's being unreasonable."

He snorted, then winced. He was getting the good stuff right then, but it didn't mean all the pain was gone. "When has he been reasonable? He's always been a dramatic bitch."

She chuckled. "Did he really yeet you through the portal?"

"Yes."

"Dear God."

"I know."

________________________________________________________________________________

Soon, it was time for Amaterasu's treatment and she had to leave. Then, Kaminari was alone again. Staring at the wall, trying not to breath too deeply, he couldn't help but fall back into his thoughts.

His siblings kept on referring to him as "Raiden", but it felt wrong to him. He'd been training for this roll as Kaminari Denki for almost a year before he even enrolled. He had learned to respond to another name, would be smacked around every time he mistakingly forgot it.