001. basketball kids

5th grade

Clementine watched all the other kids play,
laugh and giggle but she'd been trying to play basketball with the other children and sadly, was mocked as she'd usually be-it was nothing new but she was growing tired of having no friends "hi I'm Corey what's your name?"

He grinned, clementine hopped off the wall, smiling at the boy "I'm Clementine, wanna play basketball with me" she questioned, Corey thought whether to say yes or no looking at the young ladies' attire. She'd been wearing huge shorts with an oversized jersey "are you a girl or a boy.... I'm confused!" the curly head tilted his head.

"um, why?"

Another boy now stood beside him "because girls have cooties and are gross!" Corey exclaimed, clementine frowned realizing that she may not be playing basketball anytime soon especially with him or his friend "I'm clean look, I look like you we're dressed the same!" clementine pointed to her outfit.

"Corey can we go talk to the normal girls, this ones freaking me out..." Shawn trailed off clementine rolled her eyes, annoyed with the entire situation "don't be a jerk I am normal I just dress differently!"

"Okay Shawn, be nice I think she's a boy-girl!" Corey nodded, patting his friend's shoulder. "I don't think so, but whatever I'm watching her just in case bugs fly out of her hair!" Shawn shook his head.

"so can we play basketball now?" clementine inquired, that was all she wanted to do, play basketball and maybe even jump rope "sure! shawns really bad though!" he joked making her laugh.

━━━

6th grade

"Shawn, I will shave you bald if you pull my hair one more time!" clementine whined, he'd been bothering her for hours now, each class they went to it was now lunchtime and he still wouldn't leave her alone. "I'm hungry," he said as they sat down at the table.

"I only brought enough for Corey, he asked and you didn't!" clementine shooed him away, he'd been asking all day and her answer was the same, no! "you know, it's like you two are married no fair I want a wife!" Shawn complained as Corey sat down.

"We aren't married Coreys just nice to me, your a jerk face" she opened her lunch container, taking out everything and laying it on the table "here Corey my mom made you a sandwich" she'd handed it to him-even going as far as opening it for the well-abled boy.

"Thanks, clem!" Corey bit into the sandwich, clementine had looked out of the corner of her eye seeing Shawn frown and whilst she didn't have a lot in common, or adequately talk to the boy, she'd have a soft spot for him "Shawn you can only have half" she put the half of ham and cheese sandwich infront of him.

"Thanks, wife!" Shawn grinned from ear to ear "what? you two are married?" Corey asked while his mouth was open, food flying everywhere. Clementine shook her head no but Shawn did the opposite.

"Corey close your mouth at the table!"

━━━

7th grade

"Can you believe this is our last year in middle school?" clementine extended the lawn chair, relaxing at the pool in her backyard. She'd been friends with these two idiots and Topanga for almost three years nothing could go wrong "time goes fast" Corey swam in place.

"of course time goes fast for you, you have a clementine!" shawns hair dripped as he reached for a towel exiting the pool "are you still on this Shawn it's been almost a year!" clementine spoke a breathy sentence.

"Yeah, I am! You're basically a guy who's also a mother or in this case a wife!" Shawn yelled from the opposite end. Corey always thought these two were more like the married couple, always arguing and sharing food "I am not a guy Shawn stop being a douche bag!" she argued back.

"Yes, you are admit it! your coreys momwife" he didn't break up the two words, mashing them into one. Corey stayed quiet like he usual did "I so am not a momwife I'm just a nice caring person unlike you!"

"Shawn I swear I'll kick you out again!"

Shawn laughed "why so you and Corey can have some alone time" he made gross facial expressions, clementine fake gaged "Shawn ill kick you and Corey out if you don't shut up!"

"hey leave me out-"

"I want a divorce from the both of you!" she was annoyed, Shawn always ruined every good moment with his terrible attempt at jokes "wait-I don't wanna leave your the only one with a pool!" Corey groaned, getting out of the pool.

"cmon clem, let us stay or at least cor-"

"you" she pointed at Shawn "your banned from my house forever!" she pushed her sunglasses to her temple with a single finger.

"That's not fair all I was doing was pointing out the obvious" he stated, shaking his wet hair everywhere "nuh-uh I'm tired of Shawn hunter for the day, you know your way out, bye Corey!" she smiled and waved at the brillo head.

"see what I mean!"

author speaking
I hope i'm doing this justice