Dabi's Route - Alternative Bad Ending

Start from the beginning

Dabi struggled to catch his breath. Both of his arms were dripping with blood. His eyes locked onto Satoko again as he took a few steps towards her. He kneeled down at her side. "Hey. Doll. I killed them. They won't hurt you anymore."

Just earlier, she was in the bathroom looking at her flustered face in the mirror. Seeing Dabi in her sight made her pained eyes softer.

"Dabi..." Her arm tried to lift up to put her hand up to him. It was too weak, but she felt his hand grab hers. She felt her back becoming soaked from beneath her. Despite that, her eyes wandered towards his arms. "You're... hurt... Because of me..."

(Don't leave. What will I do if you're gone?) He begged her to stay inside of his mind. On the outside, he was completely cool and collected. He refused to let those emotions show.

He gave a small chuckle. "Why are you worrying about that? It doesn't even hurt. I can take a few burns, if you didn't notice already."

His attempt at humor was to comfort them both. He didn't want to let go. He was cruel to her before, but he found himself not ready to say goodbye yet.

"Don't even say that." Her eyes started to gloss over. She knew about his past and how his quirk is killing him. She started feeling her surroundings becoming fainter.

It made her anxious to die this way. If anything, she didn't want him to see her like this. At the same time, she wanted him to be with her in this moment.

"I'm sorry..." She coughed a little bit. "I wanted to save you. I can't do that anymore... I just wanted to be with you and love you."

That was it. She loves Dabi. The one person whom she could relate to in her life the most. Just thinking about it caused her eyes to flood. Her voice weakly cracked. "I really do love you."

He cupped her face with his hand that wasn't holding hers. He didn't yet understand his feelings. He didn't even know if he loved her or not. However, he cared enough to say that he did. He would decide later if it was true or not. She needed to hear it in that moment.

"I love you too."

Satoko looked at him in the most tender and sad way. It felt nice to her feelings was reciprocated. She kept fighting to live, but couldn't anymore. Her mouth opened to say something, but it only let out her last breath. Her eyes slowly closed as he felt her head tilt into his hand.

She was gone.

So that was really it? Everything that they had been through was walking them down the path to Satoko's death? It didn't feel real. Dabi's vision became blurry from the shock. He moved his hand back and forth, only to find that her head was completely still.

There was nothing. No breathing. No heartbeat. That body that was once full of life was empty.

Dabi's eyes were bleeding, but he couldn't feel sadness. It was like his emotions were completely turned off. His eyes looked numb and empty. Did he really love her?

His goals didn't feel important anymore. He just wanted to see her eyes full of life again. He wanted to hold her hand and feel it warm against his skin.

The urge to end it all was so strong. He felt like his mind was being torn in two different directions. His goals or death? Why was that even a hard decision?

It was easier to not think about it. It was less painful, anyway. He closed his eyes. (I'll be there soon, Satoko. Then I'll tell you just how much I really meant those words.)

Dabi's Route - Bad Ending

---------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Don't worry, this ending isn't canon. It's more of a "what if" moment in an alternative universe. If you need to cope, just reread true ending.

Thank you all for reading our story. Hopefully, it'll get more traffic someday. We may come back to this in the future for extra writing prompts or some sort. Currently, we're writing another MHA fanfic. If you want to keep up to date on that, feel free to follow me on my profile! Otherwise, I'll put an update here. We have 2 stories in mind for more shipping fluff and angst.

I'll be adding ship art to this over time so feel free to tune back into the story. I'll be editing the chapters to have actual titles to hopefully mak emore readers come.

Feel free to follow us to be updated on new stories on our profile for release. 

Follow: yennie-fer 

And

Banunu__