Chapter 4 - Another Shiggy Route

Dabi took a step closer to her. He held Eri closer as he did so to make sure that she wouldn't grab her away. "Maybe I really am just as bad as the person who abused me. That doesn't mean that it didn't happen. You're lucky, Satoko." He said her first name as a way of taunting her. "You still have good in you after the things you went through. Not me though. But can you really blame me for any of that? I had a tragic past. It's someone else's fault that I turned out so 'evil'. This kid will turn out just like me someday, I bet. If she survives to be an adult we can even use that to train her to hate heroes."

"And I didn't have a tragic past? I bet you didn't even go through half the things I went through." She hissed. "I'm a lot stronger than you are if you're so feeble to become like your abuser, Dabi. You're WEAK, just like whoever your dad is." her eyes challenged his. "You're just LYING you were abused. I don't believe you. If you even had a heart to understand, you wouldn't want to take this girl!" She sneered.

Her saying that ignited a flash of rage within Dabi. He raised his hand, but Shigaraki grabbed it from behind. That forced Dabi to turn around. "What are you-"

"It's obvious. I won't let you hurt her." Shigaraki's glare seemed to burn through him. "This situation is bad. I hate you too, but we have to work together if we want to get out of here alive. Eri is coming with us SAFELY whether you like it or not."

"What? Don't stop him. Hit me." Her eyes started to burn. "Prove my point further. Be just like your 'abuser.' Make me hate you too because it's working. Only weak people would lash out on others with violence."

The things that she was saying were only pushing him further. "What about Eri? Would it make you happy if I hurt her instead?"

Eri managed to reach out and touch Satoko's arm. "I want...to go with her."

Dabi stepped back so that she couldn't reach her. "You'll see her where you're going."

"Why can't she carry me then?" Eri questioned.

Dabi looked up at Satoko as he said his next words. "We can't trust her."

"At least I wouldn't have the audacity to threaten a child. I wouldn't do that to you to make a point." Satoko's eyes became sad instead of angry. She wanted to use her quirk on Dabi, but she knew that she would lose her voice doing so.

They didn't have any drinks on them so that's a risk she wasn't willing to take.

"Why don't you trust me to hold her? I would never hurt her." She asked. "How are you trustworthy to be the one to taking her?"

All of this chattering, they all could have not be near Overhaul. They took too long to get away from him. He was waking up, hearing the conversion here and there. He heard that they wanted to take Eri.

"You're noisy." To Satoko's dismay, Overhaul was up. He was fast enough to yank a handful of her hair towards him while covering her mouth roughly. Her eyes angrily looked towards him.

"If you take Eri, we'll make a trade. I'll have this woman instead." Overhaul was looking towards them. What he was truly planning was to take both Eri and Satoko in his own greed. He was a bit believable that he only wanted to use Satoko.

Shigaraki froze in place. His eyes became more sinister. "Let go of her."

(We need both of them. We can still use Satoko to benefit us,) Dabi decided. "The heroes will be here any second now. You're only wasting time for them to arrive."

Overhaul ignored Shigaraki and looked towards Dabi. His eyes became bloodshot from his irritation. "They don't scare me. That's off topic. Do we have a deal or not?"