Secret Route

This route sets in place after Satoko discoveredHawks cheating on her.
-----------------------------------------------

Satoko quickened her pace as the skies started to cloud up. There was a chilly breeze picking up. Pain in her heart was immense. She wanted to scream loud enough to exhaust her lungs.

(I can never go back to the League. They'll never want me back after leaving them.)

She felt truly alone and heartbroken. Her legs slowed down. The flood gates in the sky have opened. A shower of cold water poured onto her. She didn't care to start crying right then in there in the empty street.

(I really have no one now...!)

Aizawa was walking back from the store. He stopped in his path as rain began to poor down. He looked up at the sky as droplets of water streamed down his face. (Really? Right now?)

The weather reminded him a little of the day his friend died in high school. Present Mic had made a big deal out of the fact that it seemed fitting for it to rain at that moment. Sometimes, it seemed like the sky was an expert at finding tragedy.

He lowered his head down more into his scarf. If only he had an umbrella. Well, it could be worse.

Satoko decided to not stand there any longer. Her eyes wandered down as she started picking up the pace once more.

Without looking where she was going, she bumped into Aizawa on the way. She didn't know who she came into contact with, but her defenses were up. Instead of apologizing, her hands pushed him away. Her emotions were spiraling that she took it out on him. "You're in my way!"

"What happened to you?" A familiar voice asked. He looked down at her with one eyebrow raised. He recognized her immediately. She was acting much different than the last time they interacted.

Satoko noticed it was Aizawa. She barely knew him anyway. "It has nothing to do with you." She snapped with a shaking voice.

A rumble echoed into the sky with lightning following along with it. The rain progressively got heavier, making her shiver a bit when she started to walk past him.

Aizawa's voice sounded slightly irritated. "Hold on." He grabbed her wrist to stop her from walking past. "Did Hawks do something?"

The two were probably living together. If something did happen, it was possible that she was on her own. Aizawa wanted to trust Hawks, but he knew what kind of stress he had been under lately. It could have caused him to do something stupid.

Even hearing his name made her feel really angry. Really hurt. The rain was good at concealing her tears. "Yeah? That's what heroes always do, isn't it? Lie and cheat!"

She roughly moved her hand away from his hold and grabbed onto the necklace Hawks gave her. Ripping it off, she threw it at Aizawa.

"He can have this back! I don't want it! I bet the woman he was with was another hero!" She shrieked as she started to look and sound more apparent at weeping. "You're all the same...!"

(So he cheated on her?) Aizawa felt angry to hear that. It really rubbed him the wrong way that someone he worked with would do that. "At least stay at my place until the rain stops. Then we can figure out a place for you to stay permanently."

"Why?" She asked in a defensive tone. "You don't really care. This is for your own recognition, isn't it? Or is it because I'm a vulnerable woman now? An easy target?"

"It's because it's raining outside and you don't have anywhere to go," he stated plainly. "I'm not going to hurt you. That isn't my intention at all."