Breaking the Forth Wall

I was in bed this morning looking at the ceiling. The events last night ringing in my head. I was a little sore. I still didn't know where dad was. They boys ran into my room.

"Y/N, Mom's acting weird." Tommy said.

"Not to be rude. I mean at all. But what am I supposed to do about it?" I told them. 

"I don't know?" Billy said. I pulled the covers off and sat up with my legs off the bed. "Wait are you sure you wanna get up." I nodded.

"I wanna hang out with y'all." I said. "Okay. Let me get changed and I'll meet you down there and we can do something. Okay?" They nodded and ran out. I smiled. I put on some light jeans and a long sleeved crop top. I walked downstairs and saw Billy and Tommy fighting about the controller to the game console.

 "I got to it first!" Tommy said.

"You always get to it first!" Billy returned. I was gonna say something but I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. They stopped and I looked up. She didn't say anything as she walked by. 

"That was weird, right?" 

"Told you." Tommy said. I smiled and sat on the couch. I pulled out my flip phone and played on that while Billy and Tommy played games on the console. Mom walks back in.

"Have you seen your dad?"

"Um, no?" Tommy said still looking at the T.V.

"Do you wanna go look for him?" Billy says. I start to get up.

"I can go look for him." I suggested.

"Well, if he doesn't wanna be here, there's nothing I can do about it." Mom said and takes the remote and changes it to the news. 

"Hey, Mom? Last night, Uncle P said that thing about re-killing Dad?" I looked at them shocked.

"He what?" I said a little too loud.

"Don't believe anything that man said. He is not your uncle." She said very seriously.

"Who is he?" Tommy asked.

"Here's the thing. I'm your mom. And as such, you were counting on me to have all the answers, right?" They nodded and I just tilted my head. "Well, I don't. I have... no answers. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Niente." She started laughing. "I'm starting to believe that everything is... meaningless."

"Whoa." I said to her.

"You're welcome to draw your own conclusions, but that's just where I'm at."

"Okay." I said. She sat in between Billy and Tommy making Tommy squished up against me. There was a knock on the door. Mom opened the door from the couch and Agnes was there. I groaned and Tommy laughed a little.

"Hi, Agnes. Come on in. I'd get up, but I just don't want to." Mom said, laughing.

"Hey, boys, why don't we give your mom some "me time"? You can come, too Y/N." I shook my head.

"Agnes, are you sure?" She whispered to her.

"Oh, abso-positively. Come on, let's go, guys." The boys stand up and walk to Agnes.

"Do we have to, Mom?" Tommy asked. 

"Mm-hmm." She said nodded her head.

"Someone needs to be here to take care of you." Billy pleaded.

"Boys, I'll be fine! Just go with Agnes." 

"I promise I won't bite." She joked.

"Y/N Why don't you go with them." I nodded and stood up. "Agnes, you are a life-saver. Is there anything I can do for you?"

"I do have a suspicious mole on my back that I just can't see." She goes to put up her shirt and Mom gives her a look. "Ah. Boundaries. I get it. Say no more. All right, people, let's keep it moving. You know what? If one of you two could take a quick look, I'd appreciate it. It's right here above my hip."

"No." I said.

"Okay, Miss Grumpy pants." She laughed. "Why don't we get it going shall we?" She said walking behind us. We got to her house and she opened the door. 

"Where's Ralph?" I ask. 

"Who?" She says.

"Your husband." Billy says.

"Oh, him. He's at... um...work!" She said. She takes Señor Scratchy out of his cage and gives him to Billy. " Here hold him. Let get you guys something to drink." The TV had 'Yo Gabba Gabba!' playing.

"Okay, who's thirsty?" She puts down three cups of fruit punch. "Some bevs." She looked at Billy. "Penny for your thoughts."

"I like it here." Billy said. I looked at him shocked.

"Oh, good. Is it because Señor Scratchy is such a good listener?" She laughs quietly.

"No. It's because it's quiet." He said. "You're quiet, Agnes. On the inside." I breathed in shakily. 

"Do you think our mom is okay?" Tommy asked her.

"Of course she is." I say.

"Oh, for sure!" She puts her arms around the boys. "Oh, you don't have to worry about your mom. Your mom can do anything. She's supermom." She laughs.

"She's just having a bad day." I explain. "And needs some time alone."

"Exactly. Alright." She said. "I have some games if you wanna come help me get them?" She asks us.

"No, I'll stay here." She nodded then looks at the boys.

"Yeah!" They both exclaimed. They run to the other room.

"You sure you don't wanna come with." She asked. I shook my head. "Well you're missing out." 

~Ten Minutes Later~

I was still sitting on the couch waiting for them to come back up. But they never did. It was quiet, way too quiet. 

"Tommy?!" I called. "Billy?! Agnes?!" I walk to the basement door. I open it and walk down the stairs slowly. 

"Oh, Y/N. You joined the fun." Agnes said.

"Where are my brothers?" I ask her.

"Oh, Y/N. You should've come down here earlier." I turned around and ran up half of the stairs. I tripped and fell down them. "Oh, and it's Agatha." Everything went violet.