The Part When You Lose It

The whole compound shook beneath my feet and I was flung out of Archer’s grasp, across the cafeteria and into one of the walls that lined the side of the building.

I yelped out in pain as my head smashed into the metal wall as chaos began.

Charact-People were jumping out of their seats immediately and taking shelter underneath the tables. Trays were over turned and debris was gently swaying down from the top of the building.

Like hell was slowly trying to descend itself on us.

“Willa,” an alarmed voice called at me. Fingers wrapped around my hand and yanked me up and I was suddenly facing Archer.

His eyes were laced in worry and he did a quick survey of my body to see if I had accumulated any serious injuries.

Nope, just one large bruise that will kill me in the morning.

“I’m good but I’m not sure if this building is,” I groaned, wiping my eyes and staring up at the ceiling.

A large chunk fell and landed beside Lena from Delirium.

I looked down at the cafeteria just in time to see Cassie running towards me.

“Archer, thank god, I forgot how helpless the newbies could be when they first arrive. No defense or fight scheme whatsoever,” Cassie said to Archer. Then she turned to me. “You all right?”

I nodded quickly but stars blew up in front of my eyes and I somehow managed to wake up with my face pressed up against the floor.

“Shit,” Cassie swore. “We are losing her.”

Archer’s grip tightened and he pulled me up against him. He slowly turned my face towards him by pressing his hands against my cheeks and leaned his forehead against mine.

My vision flickered off.

“Willa, come on, you have to stay awake. Can you please do that for me?” He whispered desperately.

“We need to get out,” It was June’s voice. “They are destroying our building. We need to leave right now.”

“That’s impossible!” Peeta exclaimed. “We haven’t even left the building! They always destroy the building after we have leave. “

“Maybe they forgot we are in it,” Juliette said.

“The fuck they did, Juliette,” Cassie roared.

“Guys please,” Archer said desperately. “Willa’s bleeding.”

I was bleeding?

“We have to leave!” June yelled. “Or we all as good as dead.”

“I’m not leaving her behind!” Archer roared, I could still feel his arms around me. “I won’t leave anyone behind.”

“We are not asking you to leave her behind for gods sake Archer, just get your ass and her ass out of here,” Cassie roared.

“Good,” Archer says silently. “I’m not leaving anyone behind.”

And that was when I blacked out.