{Will always love you}

You toss and turn in bed, having problems falling asleep once again. You sit up from your bed, rubbing your tired eyes, sighing you stare into the darkness for a while.

"Maybe a walk will help me" you mumble as you struggle out of bed. You slip into your jumper, putting the necessities in the pockets before heading into the night. New York wasn't as scary; billboard lights were bright as ever and the streets were still busy with people coming and going; it had always made you curious of what they were doing at this hour of the night.

You sat down in the middle of the busy shopping strip, watching the people that came by. You were hoping it would help you get bored; sorta like counting sheep.

"Hey there" a man's voice chimed in your ear, making you turn your head.

He had curly brown hair, that looked a bit messy and a cute smile. He was dressed in an oversized grey hoodie and basketball shorts, with black converse sneakers.

"Hi" you say trying to be curt.

"I'm Timothée" he smiles at you before making himself comfortable on the bench "what brings you out here?" he questions.

You stare at him, not knowing whether you should answer him or not.

"Oh, I'm sorry! You're probably scared that some guy is talking to you" he scratches his neck whilst making an embarrassed face "I just saw you alone and was afraid someone gonna do somethin to you. I don't mean any harm, I swear" he spoke really fast as he lifts his arms in surrender.

"What are you doing out here?" you ask him.

"I couldn't sleep."

"Makes two of us."

You both sat in silence, still observing the people rushing by. After some time, you feel your body slowly relax. You were able to comfortably have a conversation with him that night.

That was the first night you met.

2 years have gone by now and your feelings for him had never once gone away. You had only come to realise that your love for him runs deep inside of you, it was a feeling you couldn't describe because no word would have fitted what you felt. But you knew for sure that he was all you ever wanted.

You sit across from Timothée and his girlfriend Samantha for brunch, wishing that it was already over. He grabs her hand and kisses them with so much affectionate, they both giggle at each other and whispering inside jokes. You can see the love oozing out of their eyes for one another. Your heart ached at the sight, adverting your gaze out the window, trying to hide your watery eyes.

'I should be happy for the both of them, especially Timmy' you thought to yourself 'he deserves to be so loved and she is such a kind person, not to mention so beautiful too.' 

"(Y/n), how are you doing?" Samantha asked with a bright smile on her face.

"I'm okay, just a lot of stress from uni" you nervously chuckle "how 'bout you?"

"I'm doing great! I have a fashion show next week and tonight we have a ball to attend! Would you like to come?"

You shake your head "I would love to, but I can't. I have so much work to catch up to and you both should be spending a beautiful night together!"

After the filling brunch, you and Timothée wave her goodbye as she leaves for work "are you really, okay?"

You have always loved how he can see right through you.

"Yep, you don't need to worry about me Timmy."

He sighs in defeat "I know you; you're keeping something away from me" he wraps his arm around your shoulder as you both walk down the street "but I won't ask about it anymore. Though, could you help me tonight to pick an outfit?" You nod your head.

'Of course, I would help you. I will always say yes' you thought.

As you go on about your day, you count down the hours to when you'll be meeting him at his place. As you enter his house, you notice how a lot of it has changed; how Samantha had changed it around, you had a gut-feeling that she possibly lives with him now. 

"Hey, sorry, I just got out of the shower" Timothée says as he stands next to you, drying his hair. You look at his upper body, day-dreaming about them embracing you in bear hug "you might get a cold standing here with just a towel around your bits" you remark, he laughs as he ruffles your hair "come on, let's go find an outfit for me."

It wasn't before long after raiding his closet, you both put together a black outfit with a black harness. After trying it on, he gushed how it looked so good on him, he couldn't get enough of it as he poses in front of the mirror. This made you grin from ear to ear, you loved seeing him so happy.

You both were waiting outside for Samantha to arrive "why isn't she here?" You question as you both reach the front lawn "she's a funny one" Timothée giggles "Sam didn't want to get ready at home cos she wanted her outfit to be a surprise" "home?" you questioned as your ears perked up from the word "yeah she moved in four months ago! Sorry, I forgot to tell you" he pats your arm, whilst you shook your head to tell him it was okay "would you like me to take pictures of you?" you ask as he sits down "oh! That would be fun! Thank you" He poses for you "you better send them to me later on." 

'At least, I get to have these photos of you Timmy. Even though we spent a very short time together today, I cherish these small moments with you'

As you were snapping away, you took one of him laughing at something. You turn around and it was Samantha. Dressed so beautifully in an emerald tight gown, it hugged her in the right places, and she was doing a funny face and pose for Timmy.

'It has always been her. Compared to her, I'm nothing special. I'm really glad you're happy Timmy' you were lost in thought as you watch Timothée wrap his arms around her waist, kiss her forehead before leaning in to give her a passionate kiss.

Before they both left, you grab his arm.

"Timothée" you softly spoke.

"Is everything okay?" You can hear the worry in his voice.

You couldn't look up at him.

"I'm sorry, do you want to talk about it tonight?" he asks, you shook your head.

You took a deep breath in.

"I will always love you."

He grins "I know" he ruffles your hair.

"Not in that way Timmy" your voice was on the verge of breaking. A lump forms in your throat and tears are begging to come out "I have always loved you more than just a friend. But you're happy now, I see that. I know it was never going to be me and that's okay because I still have you as a friend."

He didn't say anything for a while.

"I'm sorry (y/n), can we talk about this later tonight or tomorrow. I'm afraid we're going to be late." He gently took your hand off of his arm and walked away without looking at you.