ARC I: The Return (02)

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Ghost Hunt.

[Not Edited]

-oOo-

ARC I: THE RETURN (02)
CHAPTER TWO: Flashbacks, Special Abilities

-oOo-

Mai couldn't believe she is still alive. She even returned to her seventeen years old self. That is fifteen years! Mai died at the age of thirty-two because of an illness due to a poisoning and accident. In her first life, she is successful businesswoman. She earned herself so many so many wealth but also enemies. She is very greedy for money and work that she ended up offending someone more powerful than her. They poisoned her in her own company and was caught on a staged car accident arranged by the enemies themselves.

She lost her voice and her health after being poisoned. Although she didn't die because of the accident and poison, she was stuck to the hospital. The company that she built went bankrupt and the friends, whom she thought were loyal, betrayed her and stole her hard work. After Mai had paid all of her debts, she retreated to England for recuperation. She still had money in her secret account. Many had thought she was penniless but they had underestimated the businesswoman who built her own business empire at the age of twenty-three. Thanks to this belief and the fact that she's dying, the enemies and traitors didn't bother with her.

Mai also didn't seek revenge and stuff like that. She is dying anyway and all of those things are just her karma induced by her greed for money and reputation. She schemed all of her fellow businessmen and used so many dirty tricks to steal or make a contract successful. She also has nasty temper that chased all of the people around her. This is why she had no real friends.

At that time when she was in the hospital, she realized that money is useless if you are dying. You cannot take money in your grave nor afterlife. Mai felt ridiculous. To think that she has been greedy for something that will soon be useless. Her greed and horrible personality made her alone in her painful days. She had no friends, no family and even when she's already in her thirty's, she still don't have a husband or a boyfriend. For the first time in Mai's life she felt so useless.

For five years before she died, she did what is right and apologizes to the people who she wronged before. Of course, not everybody forgave her but still, she is very proud she did it. If it is the previous Chairwoman Mai, she wouldn't have done such thing. She made new friends in England, the friends that are loyal to her, caring, loving and definitely won't betray her nor get her money. Apart from the money for her necessities, she donated the rest of it to charity- following her mother's example but she did it anonymously. But like her mother, her health is slowly deteriorating as the days passed by. Her vision is getting blurry and she couldn't even taste food.

Because she is dying, she didn't bother to find a lover but she did gain an idol. She didn't have a hobby before besides making money but when she was in the hospital, she came to know Oliver Davis who is a researcher in the next building. British Society of Psychic Research (BSPR) HQ was just next to the hospital she is in. She heard how handsome Oliver Davis from the nurses so she asked her personal nurse who he is.

He is a paranormal researcher that finished his doctorate at the age of seventeen. His first published book is also very eye-opening in the parapsychological world and he had published it at the age of sixteen! He always become a hot topic because of his book but now, he became viral by how handsome he is. At the age of thirty-three, he decided to show his face for the first time. Many had introduced as Oliver Davis before but the BSPR personally introduced the lad so this is not a scam.