Lily already embarrassed Pierre, not once but twice. How could she pretend that this did not hurt her? True, her husband was a little out of line yesterday, but this does not give Lily the right to call him out in public in front of the Grand Duke and Duchess. It only made Pierre look like he was disrespectful.

"I was only saying that wearing a fake in an event like this could get them in trouble. Of course, I see anyone else here who would wear a fake, I would gladly call the authorities and have them arrested. After all, this is a blatant disrespect to the Grand Duke and Duchess."

"Stupid," Eliza muttered under her breath. Another thing that he hated about Rafa is his way with words. The latter was extremely good at dodging insults and making himself look like the victim when he was the one who instigated this whole thing.

"It's alright, your highness." Lily joined the conversation. She sent Eliza a smile of assurance. "The ring... was something that Zhou Jingren bought when he first saw me years ago." She shrugged. "Love at first sight." She giggled. "When he saw the ring in an auction, he immediately thought of the woman that he saw... in a shopping mall. And thought... 'hey, this ring would really look good at my future wife.' And so.... He bought them." Amused at Rafa's reaction, Lily continued. "Of course... if you are looking at the authenticity card... "She made a deliberate pause. "We can call the person who made this just to verify."

"You — "Rafa frowned. "Do you personally know the person who made this?"

"No." Lily beamed. "But I'm sure his highness Harringfort knows the person who made the ring." Lily met Harringfort's eyes. "Surely, his highness would not mind calling the jeweler who crafted the diamond, right?"

........

Chapter 812: Real

Everyone's attention immediately turned towards Harringfort.

"Will you?" Lily asked again when Harringfort didn't respond after a few seconds.

"Is there... really a need for this?" Harringfort asked. He was completely surprised by Lily's words. He immediately wondered if this was some test. Was it possible that Lily wanted to embarrass him in front of everyone? Was it possible that Zhou Jingren told Lily about him? But ... why? Wasn't he afraid that Lily will cower in fear of the organization and leave him?

"Of course, there is." Lily smiled. " I am sure that your highness' connections are vast. After all, you have been traveling the world for months now. So... I am assuming you know such a famous person. Or... am I wrong?" Lily's eyes turned towards Eliza who was smirking at Harringfort.

He silently gritted his teeth. So that was her intention, Harringfort thought inwardly. This was not because of Zhou Jingren but because of Eliza. That woman must have complained to Lily about his absence, making the latter hate him. Harringfort immediately started planning on how to get rid of this Eliza.

In Harringfort's mind, there was no way that Zhou Jingren would tell his wife about what happened in China. So this should be Eliza's doing. Lily was retaliating because of Eliza!

"Madam Zhou... you are not wrong," Harringfort said. That man knew him not as a businessman in the oil industry but as someone from the Spectre. How could he contact him now? "But... I don't see any reason for me to call him at this hour just to ask him about the ring, no?"

"Then... there is no way that we can confirm if it's real?" The hateful Rafa chimed in. Until now, he was still convinced that Zhou Jingren and Lily was lying. Meanwhile, Harringfort lowered his head, hiding his rage against Rafa.

How could Zhou Jingren make Lily wear something this huge just for it to be fake? He knew that it would attract a lot of attention! There is just no way he would want to embarrass his own wife! "Rafa... I think Mr. Zhou would not want to embarrass his own wife in an event like this." He said in a low tone. He really would not want Zhou Jingren to hear that he, Harringfort the messenger of the Spectre is defending him!