Chapter 1: Auction

Start from the beginning

"You have to deliver it to the community hall located in Central Avenue...I forgot the name by the way." She said with an evil smirk plasterd on her face because she thought it would definitely eat up all my time and I'll be late for college. I sigh and nodded my head.

As soon as I came out from the house I check the time again it's 10.40 and a small smile appears on my face because I know that community hall very well as its on my way to college and I'm sure aunt doesn't know it. If I hurry then I can still reach college in time. I look at the sky with a smile,

"Thanks mom-dad for this lil help, I'll treat you later."

I almost running to the bus stop. During the bus ride I try to call my uncle to ask him to come to the main gate so that I hand over this file to him, so it take less time, but it's in vain, because his phone is switched off.

As soon as the bus halted infront of the hall I ran through the large glass doors of that huge building and in no time arrived infront of the reception. There sits a lady in her early 30s and doing something on the computer in her desk. As soon as she notice I approach her she stands up.

"Hello ma'am, how can I help you?" The receptionist ask me while flashing her professional smile.

"Can you tell me if there is any event held regarding Paramount Company today?" I asked her and she smiled and replied to me,

"Yes ma'am there is a auction event today held by Paramount." She again flashes her professional smile.

"Great, can you please tell me in which floor it's been held?" I ask her hurriedly.

"Its in 18th floor...Are you here for the auction ma'am?" She ask with a surprising tone.

"No no, I'm here to deliver this file to my uncle, he is an employee in Paramount and he is here." I told her showing the black file in my hand.

She sighs deeply and say,

"I'm sorry to inform you that ma'am but you cannot go there, only some top business man with a VVIP pass can enter the hall. So I suggest you to wait for the event to end."

"So when will the event end?" I ask almost irritated by that sudden unexpected information.

"It just have been started so I guess it takes more than two hours or so." She again say professionally with that smile. I sigh deeply and look at her in pleading eyes and say,

"Please let me go there, he needed it for this event, it only take 2 minutes and I promise I'll leave as soon as I deliver it." I almost whined and by the look on her face I'm sure she is convinced. She again sighed deeply and say,

"Ok, but there would be security outside the gate and they won't allow you to enter without pass." She said with such a concerning voice.

I realize that there is no point to argue with her, because she keeps on blabbering about this topic of me not being allowed there. She already gives me the floor number so it's better if I go there and think of something about how to deliver this to my uncle. So with no further delay I nodded my head and told her,

"Ok, so I'll ask the security to deliver this." I lied with a fake smile. Of course I'm not going to hand over this file to some random security guards who doesn't even know my uncle and also don't care about this shit. So I have to think about something to get inside.

"The elevator is that way." She signaling me with her hand in her right side and turn my head to see the elevator. Thanking her hurriedly, I run towards the elevator door and to my surprise it doesn't take long to open the door. I hop inside and press 18 among the buttons.