"Don't you ignore me, filthy half breed."

Letting go of a book to let it go back to its place on the shelf above me I continued writing my essay. It was already the second day of classes and assignments were already due because I started school late. Not that it was planned.

Someone cleared their throat beside me and I looked up from my papers. I remembered the girl. She was the one from the first night.

"You're Luna, right? From the other night." I whispered out knowing we weren't meant to talk too loud.

"Yes, thank you for that. The tea was wonderful." Her gaze wandered off to a group of people whispering to each other and giggling. "Some people find it hard to understand." She said while smiling lightly back down at me.

"What were you doing the other night Luna? The teachers sent everyone to their dorms."

"I sleepwalk sometimes. I've got another class." Luna walked off. Slightly odd wasn't she. But nice. Nicer than most people who avoid and talk behind my back.

----

I had made it to potions just as the bell went. Snape flicked his gaze up to me when I walked in the door.

"Do you have a reason to be late or are you wasting the time of everyone else in my class." Well, he's grouchy. Fred and George sat at the back watching my next move.

"I was finishing the assignment due for potions. I chose Draught of living death." His eyebrow raised looking at the booklet I held out.

"And you had time to brew this?" He snatched the book from me flicking through the pages.

"I asked dumbledore for the ingredients and brewed it in his office yesterday while we discussed my classes. I originally used the textbook but the amounts were off. I've corrected them in the report." He hummed skimming through the report before looking back at me.

"Sit down, don't be late for my class again." When he said that I wasn't sure if it was good or bad. I wasn't actually late. But later than everyone else. "Set yourself up at a station. We're making burning bitterroot balm." it's meant to heal burns or small wounds. I didn't even get to sit down before getting out my book to start on the balm.

"How did you do that?" George whispered to me as I started cutting up some bitterroot to heat up into a mush.

"Do what? The assignment?" People got to work and I was trying to focus but the twins kept talking. Suppose I'll need to learn to multitask.

"Snape didn't go all out at you. He never does that." Shrugging my shoulders while adding some herbs to the brew it was going to take forever to get this done and there wasn't heaps of class time.

"Isn't it obvious? She impressed him. No one ever completes a perfect Draught of living death." I noticed Snape going over the report I made as we worked, impressed? He doesn't look impressed to me.

----

Reading a book near the courtyard in an archway I was trying to do something productive over lunch break. Keeping to myself I almost wasn't expecting someone to try and snatch the book I was reading from me but I quickly took hold of their wrist.

"Its catcher in the rye, there's another copy in the library." Glancing up to the culprit from Slytherin he frowned at me. He was in the group of people with Malfoy.

"Let go of me! I'll tell a teacher!" Sighing I dropped his wrist looking back down at the book I was reading. "Don't you ignore me, filthy half breed."

"Was there something you wanted? Or are you just wasting my time to fuel your ego?" He got angry, even more so. Can't I relax outside without being picked on? So annoying.

"You shouldn't be here. Creatures like you belong in the shadows." Sighing I shut my book standing up to walk down the hall. "Ignoring me because I'm right. How pathetic."

"I'm ignoring you because it's pointless to argue with someone who believes they're right." I heard him get out his wand knowing he was about to start something he didn't hope to finish. "Which is surprising coming from someone with your blood." His face boiled, I smiled while his wand pointed at me.

"How did you find out you bitch! Bombarda!" A ball of fire came towards me, a crowd had formed around us. I growled.

"Aguamenti." Water shot from my wand making the fire disappear. He went to shout something else but I butted in. "Expelliarmus!" I shouted, his wand flicked over to me which I court. Pointing my wand at his I said "Epoximise." before tossing it to the ceiling. It stuck there and I put my wand away walking off.

"Hey what did you do!" He shouted looking at his wand that was stuck to the ceiling. Trying not to smile to myself I managed to walk far enough that people weren't paying attention to me. That was until I heard footsteps running after me.

"(y/n)!" It was the twins. They really like sticking around with me, maybe I'm just interesting. Stopping before going to the common room they panted out a few long breaths. "That was bloody awesome!" Fred cheered as they followed me up the stairs.

"Not really. If I didn't do anything my hair would be on fire right now. I just wanted to read."

" Donovan had it coming. But he comes from a pureblood family. How did you find out he's not?" I wasn't sure if they knew I was a vampire or not. Everyone's talking about it or maybe they decided not to listen.

"Educated guess. He kinda gave it away on his own." Half-bloods blood smells different to purebloods. Not that it matters anyway to the taste.

"Let's just hope you don't get detention for defending yourself." Shrugging not bothered if I had detention or not. If I reacted then people would react with me.

"Well If I do then Donovan definitely will." They chuckled.