one

Alexis sat in a dark place. She had just lost her home, her friends, and most of her family.

Yet ugly glances and death threats were thrown her way every time she complained.

Alexis, was in fact a very lucky girl. Despite having lost everything else, her parents and her older sister were alive.

The day the world ended, Alexis had found herself in a safety bunker, way below the Earth's surface. There, her family and a pair of neighbors resided safely.

They had rebuilt the loneliest of lives down alone. Her sister, Ava, had a best friend, down in the bunker.

Alexis only had Ava. Beside Alexis, Ava, and Ava's friend Shellie, there were no other children.

In the terrible event that the world ended, Paul senior, from next door, the crazy man the neighbors complained about, opened the bunker for the Ryan's family.

They were prepared and they were ready, but in all the chaos they forgot that the world above would never repair itself while they waited in safety.

How lucky were they, though, to live without death heavily weighing down their shoulders?

There will come a day, though, that all the innocence in the world will creep off into hiding.

When that day comes, little Alexis will remember the time she was lucky.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
Don't worry guys, Lydia will be introduced in like the fourth or fifth chapter, I'm not trying to scam anyone with another story.

I just think you ought to know Alexis' story, because shes a big part, but the story doesn't really start until Lydia comes to play. ;)

-Xx