1666 chapter 2.

This is a song you can listen to while you read this chapter! ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️
Sophia's pronouns: she/her
this font is sophia's thoughts
Sorry for any spelling mistakes <33

" As the mall's lead custodial engineer, I ensure that all retail establishments come equipped with the StoreSafe 250. This is the Cadillac of store gates. Now, the 250 prevents your standards smash-and-grab, graffiti, all while complying with the 70% visibility ordinance. Best part— easy to operate." Martin says, opening one of the store gates. " And we can rig them for quick release?" Josh asks. " Little grease, theses things go down faster than a Sunnyvale cheerleader." Martin smiles.
C. Berman rolls her eyes, and I snort at what Martin had said. " So, Deena is the target now, so the killers will go after Deena's blood just like they did with Sam. And then we use that to lure them into the stores, and then—"
" Welcome to the clink, motherfucker." Martin finishes, closing the store gate. " So the killers will be locked up, then it's just us versus Goode." Kate smiles. " Ok, sure, awesome, but then what? Like how do we take out Goode?" I ask. " Are y'all serious about this?" Martin laughs. " Once they're down, how quickly can we hey the gates back open?" C. Berman asks.
" That depends-" " Why would be want to do that?" Deena asks, interrupting Martin. " We'll Carrie him." C. Berman says. * girlboss moment *

" Do you really think this is gonna work?" I ask Kate. " I don't know, did it work out last time?" Kate says sarcastically. " It sure didn't." I laugh. I walk up behind her, wrapping my arms around her waist, resting my head on her shoulder. " When all this is over, I'm gonna take you on date. We can do whatever you want. I just wanna be with you." I say. She smiles and nods. I could tell she was starting to feel a little awkward. " Anyways, I think we should check up on the others." Kate says removing my hands from her waist.
" Whatever." I whisper, walking towards where possessed Sam is.

" Whats going on here?" I ask walking up to Josh and Martin. " Ok. Ok, Ok. Ok! Cool, cool, cool. There's a half-possessed tied-up while girl." Martin panics, completely ignoring my presents. " I need you to stay calm, alright? I promise we got this all under control. " Josh says. " Ok." Martin replies. " She's one of them now, but we'll save her. We're gonna kill Sheriff Goode and save Shadyside." Josh sighs. " Ok. Any tips for fighting these things?" Martin says. " Yeah. Try not to die." I say, thinking of Simon.

Martin whistles as he gets this dumbass bag out of the back of Sheriff Goode's car. He slams the door and throws it on he hood. " What's that?" I ask. " Never seen a goody bag? All cops got 'em, for emergencies. This ones Sheriff Goode's. Full of useful stuff. There was this one ti—" Marin sighs as he pulls out a red paint can. " Son of a bitch." He whispers. I look at him confused but ignore it.

" Deena? We were wondering if you wanted one of these, uh— headlamps." Josh offers her.
" I know it looks pretty dumb." I whisper. " It's perfect." She smiles at us, taking it. I nod. We turn around to leave but Josh turns towards her. " Up, up—down, down. Left, right, left, right, B, A, start." Josh says. " What?" Deena and I ask in sync. Josh rolls his eyes. " it's the Konami Code. It's what you need. It's what we all need." He sighs. " I have no idea what you're talking about." Deena says. " It's the ultimate secret code. Super Contra, Castlevania, Teenage Mutant— It's a code for extra lives. When things get bad in school or whatever, it's— it's what I think about. And it helps me— I don't know. Survive?" He says. I sigh, and pull Josh and Deena into a hug. They immediately hug back. " You guys are the biggest nerds." Deena sighs. " You smell like an androgynous baby." Josh smiles.

" Everyone says Shadyside sucks because it's full of shitty people, that bad things happen here because we're bad, that we deserve what we have coming. That's how it was for Sarah, and that's how it's been for us." Deena says.
" But that's all bullshit. Ok, just because we're weird and smart and different doesn't mean they can feed us through their meat grinder. Not anymore. It's been three centuries. No one else has gotten this far. It stops here— tonight. It stops with us. We're gonna kill this motherfucker. For Simon. For Sarah. For Cindy. For Alice. For all of us. For Shadyside. Now let's do this." I say.

Also I have been trying to decide if Sophia and Kate should have a happy ending? lmk what you think! ➪

an: sorry for the really short chapter!! thank you so much for over 3k reads! more coming soon</3