Nagito Komaeda x gn! Reader

[Not requested]

Your name? Y/N.
Your Talent? None.
Yet your boyfriend was Nagito Komaeda, the Ultimate Lucky Student.

Currently, you were standing outside with said lucky student, watching the fire brigade put out a fire in your house. Although Nagito was the best boyfriend you could ever ask for, his luck was most certainly not. It frequently left you in situations like this.

Last week you were attacked by a swarm of angry hornets and only just got discharged from the hospital. Turns out you're allergic to hornet stings.

"I should go..." muttered Nagito, breaking your chain if thought.
"Ko! And he's gone. Again."

"The fires out. Just be more careful when cooking!" A woman from the brigade exclaimed.
"Thanks..." You glumly replied.

After waiting outside the house for Nagito for a good half an hour, you decided to bite the bullet and see what remained of your once pristine kitchen. Nagito was attempting to make some cookies when the oven malfunctioned and sent him flying backwards, hitting the gas pipe, which began leaking. At this point he came out of the kitchen and grabbed you by the arm, dragging you both outside. Just in time too, for the kitchen went up in flames.

That kitchen was almost completely gone. There were a few pieces of this and that scattered around, but, nothing much remained. It was at this point that you heard a gentle sobbing.

And you knew who it was.

Looking around, you found him in your shared bedroom, curled up on the bed.

"Ko?" You softly said.

He looked up at you, face soaked with tears. His eyes were full of what you could only describe as pure fear.

"Get away from me!" Your normally quiet boyfriend shouted. "I-I'll kill you!"

Now, anyone else in this situation would probably think that the man in front of you was mentally ill, but you knew different. What he really meant was his luck would kill you.

"First the hornets, n-now this! In the space of t-two weeks!" He exclaimed through choked sobs.

You gently walked up to the bed and hugged him.

"Ko, none of this is your fault, alright? I'm fine, you're fine, everything is gonna be alright. Trust me." You whispered.

He suddenly lurched forwards and grabbed onto you, hugging you with all of his might.

"You're not going to hit me?"

"No! Of course not! We'll get through this together Ko, okay?"

"You really are my one true hope..." He says quietly.

"I am truly in love with the hope that sleeps inside of you, Nagito Komaeda." You mimic, in an attempt to cheer him up.

But he was already asleep in your arms.

"The day must've really tired you, huh." You say quietly, before putting him gently down onto the bed and crawling in next to him.

"Your luck can't hurt me, not now, not ever. And I will always love you, Ko." You mutter before joining him in a dream.

Word count: 500

Whew! First oneshot complete! Feel free to request something and I'll do my best to complete it! Just thought I'd introduce this book with a hurt/comfort Nagito scene, because who doesn't love a bit of our hope boy?

~ @Toxiktears 🌙